Anybody else feed the American Journey pates?

chelsmarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just started feeding my cat the American Journey pates from Chewy. Beef went well, just attempted to try the Chicken for the first time and was surprised to see all these dark specks throughout two cans of the flavor. Is this just mineral buildup? It doesn’t seem like mold as it feels hard to the touch. I’ve reached out to Chewy but wanted to see if any users could shed light.

Attachments

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No idea what it could be but it certainly doesn’t look like chicken and it looks nasty

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be the flaxseeds that weren't completely ground up. You can contact American Journey's customer service and give them the lot and batch number of the questionable can to see if they know of any issues with that particular batch of food.

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It could be the flaxseeds that weren't completely ground up. You can contact American Journey's customer service and give them the lot and batch number of the questionable can to see if they know of any issues with that particular batch of food.
Well spotted.

I took the photo into an image editing program and zoomed way in. Sure looks like flax seeds.

And there are flax seeds listed in the ingredient list.

Bill

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chelsmarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, thank you guys that makes a lot sense. The specks do feel like little seeds and some are brownish in color like flax seeds. I’m hoping that’s all it is. Still waiting on Chewy’s reply. I feel bad, they are always so nice in answering my many questions and concerns…my file is probably labeled “PITA”.

Annieca2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got a case of turkey and chicken AJ pates and my cats enjoy both. I'm not the biggest fan because I find it actually fairly dry for a wet food.

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They have beef?😳 Must check out!
Half of my cats eat AJ pates and love them. It's the best I can afford for those without specialty diet needs. Been on therm over half a year and doing well on them.:)