Anya is getting spayed today.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

I just got a call from the vet's office. She came out of surgery fine and now they're observing her and letting the anesthesia wear off.
I can't wait to pick her up in the morning!
Oh sweet Girl Anya...Thank God everything went ok!! One thing about picking her up tomorrow she won't look groggy...because that's a little disturbing to see them so out of it! She will be so happy to see you!!!
And you her of course!!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad to hear it all went well
You'll both be so happy to see each other in the morning.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad everything went fine. The cool thing about boy kitties is that you don't have to leave them over night. I took Simba in, in the morning and was able to pick him up about 5pm that same evening, and with Shane I picked him up even earlier. Shane was still groggy when I brought him home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I'm glad everything went fine. The cool thing about boy kitties is that you don't have to leave them over night. I took Simba in, in the morning and was able to pick him up about 5pm that same evening, and with Shane I picked him up even earlier. Shane was still groggy when I brought him home.
This is one of the many reasons that I think my next kitty will be a little boy.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad to hear she did okay as well only my vet keeps both males and females overnight just to be on the safe side.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Really? When we took Harley in for his neuter, we had to leave him over night, and we'll have to do the same thing for Davidson in a few weeks here too.

Emily, I'm so glad that everything went well! I assume you've brought her home already this morning?

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's home....and SPASTIC! You wouldn't even have known that she had surgery were it not for the shaved belly (which is adorable and spotted even under all of her hair
) and her partially shaved front leg where they gave her an IV.

She's more playful and into things than ever today and I'm trying hard to keep her settled down and from doing too many gymnastics, kicking, and jumping. Every time I touch her she purrs so loud you can hear it across the room. She's happy to be home.

The vet gave me Buprinex, a pain killer, to give her orally two times a day for three days. This should be fun...

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh one is easy,I'm glad she's doing good
it's usually not to bad when there babies. I had 8 done
The ones I rescued, I had 6 females Females and 2 males, The last ones I had done were Sissy, Zinger, Zazzy, Ziggy and 2 other babies I found homes for
They were all fine though, didn't have any problems I took them like 3 at a time.Sissy didn't feel to good but she was pregrant again to, I think that may have made it a little worse, and even though I didn't want to know if she was you can tell from the bill
But it was best she wasn't that old herslf and had just had the 5 girlies
My Babies there such good babies to, I Love them so much.. Healing Vibes for you baby girl

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Really? When we took Harley in for his neuter, we had to leave him over night, and we'll have to do the same thing for Davidson in a few weeks here too.

Emily, I'm so glad that everything went well! I assume you've brought her home already this morning?
I guess some Vets are different. My Vets let both of my males come home the same day, and in Simba's case, you couldn't even tell he'd been neutered, especially the way he acted. He was running and jumping all over the place. I tried to keep him quiet, but that's not easy to do with a Bengal.

Emily, I'm glad Anya is feeling frisky and fine after her surgery. I'm sure she will mellow out as time goes by, because most females and males become more mellow after being fixed.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!

She's being so super lovey. Extra head butts and purrs from her today. But she's still into things. She sat on the side of the tub while I was taking a bath and splashed around with her paws. Tried to attack everything and knock it off the edge of the tub...

Now she's watching a football game with her Daddy.

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That goes for boys AND girls at my vet. I take them in between 9 and 930am and pick the groggy little kitty up between 3 and 4 pm.

The vet I used to go to insisted that you drop them off at 8am one morning and pick them up at 8am the next.