Any toilet-trained cats?

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat in my Sims game that is toilet trained!

Ok on a more serious note... I've heard of lots of folks who have sucessfully toilet trained their cats. I'm not one of them. But then again I haven't tried!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
mzjazz2u;1550379 said:
I have a cat in my Sims game that is toilet trained!

QUOTE]

lmao ... that is very very funny

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

lmao ... that is very very funny
Isn't it? When I got my new Sims2 game I couldn't believe you could toilet train your cats.

Sorry for being a bit off topic!

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never tried it..not sure I'll bother either. But it's neat to see it.

The first time I saw a cat use the toilet...I was at a friend's house and a cat followed us inside. I asked if that was her cat, and she said no - but "look at what he does". We followed him to the bathroom and sure enough, he hopped up on the toilet, did his thing and then he wanted to leave. Funniest thing, it was a neighbor's cat, who lived OUTSIDE, but came INSIDE to use the toilet (not a litterbox) LOL

mamakitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh btw, my bf bought that citikitty http://www.citikitty.com and it was really a piece of junky plastic. I think that maybe the reason why we failed to toilet trained my two cats is because of the cheap plastic sound scared my cats more than anything. Unless your toilet is the same shape as the citikitty, it won't work. I've actually read articles that you might as well use a metal bowl that fits well in the toilet hole. At least it won't make any sound and is sturdy.

Best of luck!!

wickedkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My old kitty Tequila was trained to use the toilet years ago. I basically just put his litter box next to the toilet and raised the height of it week by week until it was about level with the toilet and then stuck a stainless steel bowl that was about the diametre of the inside of the rim inside. Eventually it just got to the point where i took the bowl away and he went into the toilet.

Never did teach him how to flush properly though.