any tips of how to heal huge scratches on my cheeks?

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
just asking - I have five days left before I get home for the holidays and am trying my best not to have my Mom notice too much.

They are not deep scratches (it was the Sassy cat, who theoretically isn't inside my home or even allowed to climb up humble me and was just afraid to loose her balance
), I've put neosporin on them so there's no infection going on.

Will try to trim her back claws once I get a chance, though.

does anyone out there have a secret recipe, magic supplement, wonder drug and cares to share?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aloe Vera works very well, I guess the best you can do is that if any one says anything is to say it was an accident and your face got in the way!
I know how it is though, my mom to this day still shows me the 'scar' that my Chrissy gave her on her hand. I just remind her that she listens about as well as I did as a kid, I had told her several times that Chrissy did not like to be petted and her growls didn't deter her at all.

lallorona

Cat Munster
Super Cat
Purraise
Clean with hydrogen peroxide and apply vitacilin. That's what I do when I get scratches (even when they're not from my cat). I don't know if this will work but I think you can use coconut oil. I heard a lot of good benefits from it and also A lot of people say it works on anything. My clumsy cousin scraped her cheek really bad and she used coconut oil.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Pure vitamin E oil works well too, it needs to be the kind that is pure enough to take as a supplement.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Always wash with antibacterial soap first. 

Then, neosporin, aloe, or vit E, if you can handle the stickiness.

Calamine liquid lotion (the old fashioned kind) works pretty well on minor scratches, but it leaves a pink residue, which is okay if you're not going out anywhere. 

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Try some Arnica gel. It works great on those things, and bruises as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thanks, everyone! 

everything has faded and I'm confident my Mom won't notice day after tomorrow 

I did (besides not having time to worry): put on vitamin C and E serum, ingest plenty of Amazing Grass Immunity which has lots of vitamin C and algae which is supposed to help things, eat what red meat I could to get zinc and protein, got licked at by the Rogue.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All great suggestions!  Any of those would be good. I was a buyer for a natural food co-op for 6 & 1/2 yrs for the health & beauty dpt. So I also like any herbal salve. Gaia has some good ones! (I use a plantain & golden seal  one that is wonderful!)

Arnica is great, but you are not supposed to put it on anything open, so only if they are closed. Then, it will help w/ any soreness.