Any time I try to sleep or nap, MEOWWW!

margie lowery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My can is meowing frantically and annoyingly every time I try to nap , or sleep in any way. Also when I open the window or patio door *leaving the screen door closed* . I can NOT get him to stop for any amount of time, and until recently this was an off and on thing, but for the past 4-5 days it's been whenever any of these things happen. Every single time. I can't sleep and i'm chronically ill, this isn't a thing I can deal with. And of course i'm dealing with it badly now, because i'm getting sicker and more sleep deprived each day. I've tried a squirt bottle , which he runs from and starts meowing again a minute later, unless I  * i know this is terrible* chase him with it, actually get him with the water, and make loud "CHE CHE" noises at him. Then he stops for a decent amount of time. And then starts again before I can actually get to sleep. I locked him in the bathroom for 3 minutes and he's stopped for now, as I'm posting this, I'm literally so stressed my body just can't deal with it. Please please help. I feel like a terrible person, but it's like he's just doing it to do it. He doesn't meow when I'm not paying attention to him, just when I try to sleep. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margie lowery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Crap. My CAT , not my can. I'm tired. 

blixxa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you tried one of those randomly timed, cat lazer/puffy toys? Maybe he is just bored? I hope you feel better soon!

dahlia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you use ear plugs?  If you can manage to just ignore him for awhile, he may stop.  He is getting a reaction from you which is what he wants.