Any suggestions on how to get my black cats adopted?

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOVE the photo of Dracula above. What a handsome fella.

I would agree that any photo that shows the cat being playful and a colorful or cute accessory couldn't hurt in a photoshoot.

I don't understand why people don't like black cats. I love mine. It didn't even cross my mind to not want to adopt him because he was black. I thought it made him look really striking, like a little panther

My Magnus

9 months

Last edited:

frankencat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't understand why either! Black cats are my favorite! Mangus is so adorable!
Here is a picture of Dracula when he first came into foster care with me. (this is why he is named Dracula) but all but 6 of his teeth were removed because they hadn't been taken care of by his former family. He looks much more dashing now!

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love him! he's awesome! Thanks for posting that photo. When they show their teeth like that it cracks me up.

I managed to get one photo where Magnus is showing his but they don't look nearly as long as Dracula's!

Anyway, sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread. 

Dracula looks like a mini panther.  I bet he's a sweetie too. He's lucky to have you

Last edited:

ziggy'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm.  I would think you'd get more spam from Craig's list than Petfinders, but I really don't know for sure.  I thought most people used Petfinders when looking for new furbabies to adopt.

A lot of people do use Petfinder to find pets but that's the pets that are posted by rescues and shelters that are Petfinder members. If you are an individual you have to post in the classified section and that's a bit different. If you search for a cat in your area on Petfinder you'll only find the cats posted by shelters and rescues, not the ones posted in the Classified section, so I don't think that Petfinder is very useful if you only post in the classified section, unfortunately. ANd then there is the issue of all the scammers, mostly located in Africa, that are claiming to want to adopt your pet to try to scam you out of money eventually. This has been going on for years and it will most likely go on for a few more years.