Any suggestions?? Everyone here has helped in the past!!

cosmiccosmo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know I havent been on in a while with any problems!!YAY!! Anyway, Cosmo who is an indoor cat, orange and white male, on the big side (15lbs) was getting fed Nutro Complete Choice INdoor formula, adult supplemented with one can of wet food daily ( Fancy Feast moist morsels only!!) My baby LEO,who is about 9mos, orange medium haired male who looks exotic, was getting Nutro Complete Choice kitten formula and also supplemented with only 1/4 can of Fancy Feast. The baby doesnt like it as much. Great, now they were both recalled...

So,.....I went to find an alternative quality food and bought Blue Spa....well the little guy has had diarrhea since I switched 1 week ago. He is also passing a ton of stinky gas....Any ideas?? Is this not a good dry? Any suggestions?? He obviously has a sensitive belly. Also, this little one has noisy breathing going on when he sleeps. The vet gave me a round of antibiotics but that did not change anything. It is almost a rattle/wheeze. Any clue with that??

Thank you sooooo much!!!

kittylover77

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Blue Spa is a much richer food than Nutro Natural Choice. After Nutro recall, I switched my kitties to Authority Chicken & Rice (Petsmart brand). Pretty simple ingredients.

Wheezing could be an upper respitory infection, but I am not a doctor. So maybe another vet visit is in order?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CosmicCosmo

So,.....I went to find an alternative quality food and bought Blue Spa....well the little guy has had diarrhea since I switched 1 week ago. He is also passing a ton of stinky gas....Any ideas?? Is this not a good dry? Any suggestions?? He obviously has a sensitive belly. Also, this little one has noisy breathing going on when he sleeps. The vet gave me a round of antibiotics but that did not change anything. It is almost a rattle/wheeze. Any clue with that??

Thank you sooooo much!!!
Like others have mentioned, Blue Spa is alot richer than what you were feeding. Did you change gradually or just change because of the recall? That could play a part in it too, as most cats need a gradual switchover to allow their tummies to adjust.

I would recommend TOTW....Taste of the Wild... good food, probally cheaper than the Blu Spa... and less "rich"

Is the wheeze just when he is sleeping? Kinda like snoring? or do you hear it while he is awake and playing. Any nose discharge or sneezing?

(sometimes my cat will whistle through his nose, prior to have to sneeze...cuz he has a booger in there)

I assume the vet listened to his lungs and they were clear? Did you do the full round of antibiotics?

Wheezing is generally a URI symptom, but you've already had one round of antibiotics..... I would consider calling your vet, maybe he needs another round? (my cat did, to fight off a URI)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Blue spa two or three meats with three or four grains or one

Taste of the wild 3 meats two starches and no grains

IMHO both are rich depending on what the cat is sensitive to

I suggest a one meat one grain for a few months and a vet visit

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use California Natural Chicken and Rice mixed with Taste of the Wild. The Calif Nat is a simple one meat one grain food if I am not mistaken.

Wasn't the recall for one lot that was made?

If so, can you just use the same food from a different lot number not on the recall list?