Any Satriani fans?

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone here like the music of Joe Satriani? He's one of the best guitarists in the world. I believe he started teaching guitar when he was 15. Some of his former students include Steve Vai and Kirk Hammet (Metallica). I'd love to see one of his live performances. From what I hear from fans who have met him is that Joe is one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people you can meet. He's turning into one of my bigger influences.

Here are two or three of my favorite "Satch" songs (I love all of his works):
Summer Song (1992)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGNgc...eature=related

Crystal Planet (1998)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZFWL...eature=related

Until We Say Goodbye (2000)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGNgc...eature=related

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awesome! I can definitely appreciate awesome guitar playing. One of my favorite guitar players is Carlos Santana

2 0f my faves by him:
Europa

and Samba Pa Ti

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm stuck in the past. I love Mark Knopfler's guitar playing. I would happily sell my soul to travel back in time, and see him playing with Dire Straits (Sultan of Swing era.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carlos Santana is a legend, I love his music. John Petrucci and Steve Vai are both awesome.

I just watched the "Telegraph Road" video from a 2005 live performance, Mark Knopfler makes that strat sing.

I also like Ritchie Blackmore, Eric johnson, Jimi Hendrix, Dave Mustaine, Adrian Smith & Dave Murray, just to name a few. Did you know that Satch was asked to "replace" Blackmore after the latter left Deep Purple?

I'm not really a fan of Yngwie Malmsteen.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just went online and found that Mark Knopfler is currently on tour, and will be in Ann Arbor, Michigan on April 27. I'm going to check Monday if I can get that day off, and buy my ticket!!! Usually, my luck would have been to find out about it after the fact!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pookie-poo, I am with you. Mark Knopfler is one of my all time faves. Not the rest of them listed aren't great guitarists, I just love his tone.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Love him and so does my Husband. In fact one of the high points of his life thus far was when he got a chance to talk to Satriani on the radio and got to ask him a question.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I just went online and found that Mark Knopfler is currently on tour, and will be in Ann Arbor, Michigan on April 27. I'm going to check Monday if I can get that day off, and buy my ticket!!! Usually, my luck would have been to find out about it after the fact!
Do you have his album, "Sailing to Philadelphia?" Very good music, and significant to Americans.