Any possibility that Revolution "stings" when touches cat's skin?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Revolution, and likely other similar parasite treatments / preventatives, contain isopropyl alcohol which can sting the skin a bit. Warming the tube in your hand for a few seconds may lessen the stinging effect.
Good idea, alcohol is "cooling to the touch"  Maybe I shouldn't give up on Revolution so quickly, but I think I will give Advantage Plus a try.  I keep hearing and reading good things about this product and the only way I will know if it will work for me is by trying it.  Haven't heard anything negative. 

Everyone about has given me a lot of good information and I appreciate everyone's input!!!!!

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good idea, alcohol is "cooling to the touch"  Maybe I shouldn't give up on Revolution so quickly, but I think I will give Advantage Plus a try.  I keep hearing and reading good things about this product and the only way I will know if it will work for me is by trying it.  Haven't heard anything negative. 

Everyone about has given me a lot of good information and I appreciate everyone's input!!!!!
mazie mazie

If you go with the advantage, buy the large dog package. The formula is exactly the same, it just comes in larger doses. Each tube is 4ml VS the .8ml tubes you get when you buy the package for cats. And the package for large dogs costs basically the same amount as the one for cats, so you get over 4x the amount of the product for the same price.

So you can squirt a 4ml tube into a glass vial and use a small 1ml syringe to dose your cat (dosage is .8ml for cats over 9lbs and .4ml for cats under 9lbs). This way you can get 5-10 doses out of one tube.

Last edited:

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was treatment day with the Paradyne. Mercy jumped but I blame my husband for not restraining her correctly. She ran off and was normal within a minute. Mook never flinched and went back to birding at the window.

We had our first ever mosquito season last year. I have not been skeeter bit out here in 25 years. We used Frontline every 4-6 weeks during the warmer months.

My cats all hate frontline. but it works.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@mazie

If you go with the advantage, buy the large dog package. The formula is exactly the same, it just comes in larger doses. Each tube is 4ml VS the .8ml tubes you get when you buy the package for cats. And the package for large dogs costs basically the same amount as the one for cats, so you get over 4x the amount of the product for the same price.

So you can squirt a 4ml tube into a glass vial and use a small 1ml syringe to dose your cat (dosage is .8ml for cats over 9lbs and .4ml for cats under 9lbs). This way you can get 5-10 doses out of one tube.
Thanks Raina21, good info!!!