Any particular thing your cat insists to pee on?

miskinsincap

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, here's the thing. My 15-year old Peanut is quite meticulous about her litter box. When she thinks that it's not clean enough to use, she finds elsewhere to go. This rarely causes any problem, cause she has two litterboxes now, and we are super careful about cleaning them. But when she does that, she especially chooses my husband's clothes as an alternative to her litterbox. We throw away the "victimized" clothes, clean everything in the epsilon-neighborhood of the incident, use enzymatic cleaner on the spot, and check with black light. She doesn't use that particular spot again, but whenever she feels the need, she goes and finds something else that belongs to my husband. Anyway, we lock our wardrobe doors now, but a few months ago, she sneaked into the dirty laundry basket, took out the one t-shirt of my husband hidden inside a pile of my clothes, and did both number 1 and number two on top of it. She never ever does that to something that belongs to me; she was once accidentally locked up in a room full of my things, when she got out she rushed to the litterbox, but nothing inside was touched. One of my friends suggested that she might be jealous of my husband. Well, she did give him a hard time when we first got married, but they seem to get along quite nice for years. 

So I was just wondering, if your kids also insist on doing a particular kind of weird "misbehavior"? And how do you guys deal with that?

EDIT: Oops, sorry, I thought I was posting in the "behavior" section of the forum. I don't know how and if I can change it to the right place; can somebody help me if there's anything I need to do about it?

Last edited:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have asked a moderator to move it. All you have to do is click on the flag in the lower left corner of the post and a window will pop up. This alerts a moderator.

If I miss a cleaning by more than 12 hours, Sheba will pee right in front of the box in the bathroom. I keep a little pile of litter there and she always hits the litter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miskinsincap

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I have asked a moderator to move it. All you have to do is click on the flag in the lower left corner of the post and a window will pop up. This alerts a moderator.

If I miss a cleaning by more than 12 hours, Sheba will pee right in front of the box in the bathroom. I keep a little pile of litter there and she always hits the litter.
Thank you; I was dead tired, and I didn't even see the red flag at the corner 

Haha, I'm trying to picture Sheba in front of the box trying to hit the right spot 
 Is she one of the two in your profile pic? 

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I say little pile, but actually it is a quarter-inch layer about 8 inches in diameter, right in front of the box door.

The avatar picture is Julie and Spice.

This is Sheba.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

miskinsincap

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sheba is beautiful, and so are Julie and Spice 
*sigh* I'm a bit jealous though, our new boy is still not fully accepted by Peanut, I wish I could see them cuddle like your Julie and Spice.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I kinda got off the subject of peeing in or on specific places or things. Would some of the other members/visitors please give their stories?

I love Peanut. A fluffy calico. Where can you go wrong.