Any other Black Friday survivors?

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to say, I just don't get it.

Anything that costs more than $20 I can usually find online for a steep discount. Best Buy? More like Worst Buy!

Shop online. You can avoid the crowds, you'll save $$ (especially if the state you live in charges a lot of sales tax) and you don't have to get up at 5 AM to do it (unless you want to).

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not in this lifetime would I go out shopping now
I do most of mine online, I just look for deals, free shipping and sometimes no tax, so I don't feel that it's anymore expensive. My grandkids are getting to the point that I think they would rather have gift certificates or the almighty buck, when there 18 (1) 17 (2) 1 is almost 15 and 1 is 12, and my Hubby's daughter is 21 with a new baby just born the 17th, now that baby's easy to buy for. I just ask them what they want really I know it doesn't seem like that would be fun but I would rather get them what they want or need
And I don't have to drive all over fight the crowd and wear myself out

weloveellie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hubby and I went to Best Buy Thursday night after Thanksgiving dinner and camped out. We got there at 9:00 pm. There were 6 people in line already. We brought our goose down blankets, chairs, and buddled up really good. It was 15 degrees when we arrived. It was soooooooooo cold. The store opened at 5 a.m. The good news is we were able to get a desktop computer with monitor for $149.00, a laptop for $378., and a digital camera for $129. We bought two cameras one for each of the kids. It was so cold but so worth it. After that we went to Target and then to the mall. We pretty much got everything and then some on our list.

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got the laptop from walmart for 378. It was suprisingly fun. I got there at 3 am, and was standing by some really nice people and we chatted it up and had fun. I was out by 515. That night I heard that fights broke out over my laptops in Texas and Flordia. Crazy people. I will definatly do it again.

(I brought a book and my ipod just in case there was no one to talk to)

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter and I were out at 5 am and looked around at Kohl's and were waiting for S. Office supply (next door) to open and the lines were wrapped around the back of the store at Kohls, so we didnt buy anything then.
That office place that I can't mention here was a NIGHTMARE!
They handed out paper tokens to get the early bird specials while we were standing in line waiting for them to open at 6 am.
When we got inside they said to go to this one line and they would find what we wanted when we got to the counter. Two, yes 2, hours later they told newcomers to go to other lanes and the same thing. Instead of trying to get us checked out after waiting in line all this time. There were couples in line and one would leave and go somewhere else (walmart, etc...) and be back while we were still in line. We ended up there from 5:45 am till just short of 9 am. I don't even know why we stayed so long, I guess we just thought at any minute this will correct itself and they will realize their plan is not working. We were so tired of standing there holding 50 dvd packs and 25 cd packs that felt like they weighed 20 pounds by then.
The people in line were as frustrated with the situation as we were and I dont think any of them will be back there anytime in the near future. Whoever in mgmt. came up with this idiotic plan should be fired!!!!!!!!!
The rest of the shopping went fine, but it will be a cold day in hell before I step foot in that store again!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Patty, I heard all kinds of nightmare stories about many different stores. I don't understand why some of these places didn't seem to understand that there would be a LOT of people there and they need to have a plan! As bad as it was, at least you just had to wait in line and you weren't hurt in the process of other idiots trying to get something you had a voucher for. Seems there were a lot of places with no crowd control, and no organization, which made for miserable shopping experiences for a lot of people. They really shot themselves in the foot because people like you won't go back for anything now.