Any of your cats eat lettuce?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sho loves sweets too. Not that we usually let him have them.

The last night he found a tiny piece of banana nut bread that my husband must have dropped on the kitchen floor. I saw Sho snatch something up and rushed over to get it out of his mouth, to find a piece of gooey bread.

The other day when this thread was started I was thinking "No... neither of them have really shown much interest in lettuces." Later that night I found a piece of half eaten, teeth mark covered lettuce on the floor. Must have dropped it, and apparently someone was munching on it.

Grossest thing yet - Two days ago I was sorting mealworm pupae out of my worm bins, setting them aside in a little container. I was digging through the grain and not paying attention to the container when DH said "Tomas is eating your pupae."

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sweetie thinks she likes lettuce. She'll beg but when I give her a piece she won't eat it. After grocery shopping she begs for celery if I've bought any. I give her a few leaves which she nibbles on. However she goes crazy for strawberries. Not to eat, just to rub against the plastic container if I don't get it put away immediately. I know she doesn't belong on the table but she doesn't know it. This is a constant battle.

eeyorechele

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Philly used to eat raw fresh broccoli, but has since outgrown that fettish. Daisy will devour cheese if it's left on the counter for a MOMENT. Besides that, the only other thing they both like is butter/margerine I found in an unfortunate mistake several months ago.

Daisy used to be a "eat whatever doesnt run away" type kitty, but since he's grown up a bit, he will only eat his food, and is nuts for tuna of course.

My childhood best friend "Gato" used to love to drink from my ceral bowl as I was eating it. I didnt care about the kitty germs as i was a child. I eventually taught him to eat from a spoon and everything. It was so cute!

Chele