Any of you old folks remember these?

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I understand that S&H will still honor books of stamps. They use a card now, if you can find a store that gives them away. There aren't any in New England, but I saw them down in Tennessee a few years ago.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The grocery store here in Utah use to give something like that out. You collected stamps then when you had a page you got discounts of things like dishes and stuff.

Not really the same at least I don't think they were.

What did you get for collecting those stamps?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Kitchen stuff, home decorations, bed and bath stuff, toys, jewelry, just all kinds of goodies.

ellen13

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Did you ever collect these?
I found these in my attic...........
I used to save the S & H stamps. We also had yellow Top Value stamps here in Maryland. The only thing I can remember getting for them were dolls that I gave to the Salvation Army at Christmas time.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my very first catcher's mitt with green stamps
Believe it or not, the Houchen's grocery stores in Bowling Green, and the Piggly Wiggly in Franklin, Kentucky still give out stamps for purchases. Well they don't have actually stamps, they swipe your savers card or something....anyway they're online now. The little place that used to be the S&H Store (where you could actually go pick out stuff) is a vacuum cleaner shop now that specializes in used Orec's.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

I'm only 25 and I remember them! They still existed in the early 80s.
THey had them around 25 years ago???

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

THey had them around 25 years ago???
Can you remember back that far, Susie?? You know what they say about memory when you get a little....ahem......older!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Can you remember back that far, Susie?? You know what they say about memory when you get a little....ahem......older!

Yeah Grandma........I remember!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess I'm old! Not only do I remember collecting them, I remember going up to the greenstamp store to redeem for "stuff". My mom didn't want to bother with them so she'd give me the stamps to put in the books. The first thing I bought with them (when I was about 10) was a Christmas present for my sister who had just gotten married - a very tacky ceramic bull that sat on her coffee table for years. I'm sure she hated it but respected her little sissy enough to not throw it out.

I'm going to go polish up my cane now.......

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
when i was a little girl, my mom used to let my sister & i have all the green stamps we stuck. then we used them at the green stamp store to buy christmas presents. this was when we were like in the 7-12 year age range. so, yeah - i remember them well!