Any musical TCS-ers?

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Too bad all you guitarists live too far away.... I'm looking to learn!

My mom started taking guitar lessons here in Savannah a few years ago (she only went to 2 lessons though). But the cool thing is who her teacher was. None other than the sister of Greg Allman of the Allman brothers!!! How is that for cool???
That's awesome!! You wanna talk about a small world??? The Allman brothers went to my high school!!!!! Seabreeze High School in Daytona Beach, FL!
They were a class or two ahead (or behind...can't remember) my boyfriend's dad. I find it so interesting to find out all of these neat and interesting ways we are all connected.

Well with the 5 octave thing, that's what my voice coach told me. But honestly, I get so nervous singing high that I sound like a mouse.
I never really thought I was any good, except when I was like 8 lol. I'll just be the bands back-up dancer and be happy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so cool about the Allmans! Did Brendan's dad meet either of them? Greg lives right outside of Savannah now, in Richmond Hill, and went on my boyfriend's boat a couple of times when he was a mate on a charter fishing boat. Now, Greg and my boyfriend compete against each other in a few kingfish tournaments each year! He's a really cool, down-to-earth guy.

So it's set: Katherine is our TCS Fly Girl!!!!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

I can bang a triangle!

I know Elizabeth(Sachacat) can play an instrument, and Ryan can tinkle the ivories?
Originally Posted by gemlady

I don't know if I want to see Ryan "tinkle" the ivories. It would probably be less embarassing for all of us (and less damage to the piano) if he "tickled" the ivories. (Unless that is what they do in Merry Ol' England, Susan.
)
That is way too funny! I "could" tinkle the the ivories, but I would have to be drunk beyond belief before I'd ever do something that stupid!
I certainly know the expression "tickling the ivories", but I don't do that either. I call the way I play piano "torturing the ivories". I could not outplay anyone here for the life of me. I have to do a lot of takes when recording.

The only other thing I enjoy doing poorly is playing my electric guitar. (aka Hydroaxe
)

And Mary Anne, I'm tired of being a googler today. Can you tell/show us a tonette?

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

That is so cool about the Allmans! Did Brendan's dad meet either of them? Greg lives right outside of Savannah now, in Richmond Hill, and went on my boyfriend's boat a couple of times when he was a mate on a charter fishing boat. Now, Greg and my boyfriend compete against each other in a few kingfish tournaments each year! He's a really cool, down-to-earth guy.

So it's set: Katherine is our TCS Fly Girl!!!!
Yeah his dad was friends with one of them if I'm remembering correctly. Can't remember which one though. It's always been a source of pride for me though. I loved my high school, it's location, and it's reputation so having the Allman's come from Seabreeze was just too cool to me. The only other semi-well known person to come from there was an Olympic sprinter. Can't remember who he was though. That's really cool that Greg and you both know him so well. They seem like they would be fairly down-to-earth...especially since they were "typical" 70's surf types (according to my Brendan's dad)...if you know what I mean.

WOOHOO!!! I'm stoked to be the Fly Girl. Look out J.Lo...I'm coming!!!!!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ryan, I'm not MA, but here:
Tonette

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A small black plastic whistle-type instrument which was once popular with elementary school children. It has largely been superceeded, through the efforts of Music Educators, by the much more musically accurate recorder family of instruments. The range of the instrument is from middle C (c1) to d2. It is also known as a song flute.
Also song flute

She just sent me back in time with that !

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Ryan, I'm not MA, but here:
Tonette

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A small black plastic whistle-type instrument which was once popular with elementary school children. It has largely been superceeded, through the efforts of Music Educators, by the much more musically accurate recorder family of instruments. The range of the instrument is from middle C (c1) to d2. It is also known as a song flute.
Also song flute

She just sent me back in time with that !
Interesting photo. It looks like part of a wacky Dr. Suess stove or something.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have won over 50 karaoke contests. Does it count if drunk people think you can sing? My sweetie and I won some of them together doing Meat Loaf's "Paradise By The Dashboard Light."