Any Metallica fans?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

In Mp3 my friend?...
I´m tempted to send you my e-mail adress to share with me..
Yes, I will be happy to share it with you.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Their new album is comming out Friday.
I'm so excited, I love their new one, The Day That Never Comes. They still sound awesome for some old dudes.
My husband already got the CD yesterday.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I love them up to and including the album "and justice for all"

I don't listen to anything after that though
Metallica was my first ever concert, wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the day
Had to be hmmmm, 15 years ago? yikes, more like 18, lol. I'm old!
I'll be old with you, Paula. They were my first 2 concerts in 1988 (yes, 20 years ago) on the Monsters of Rock tour with Kingdom Come, Dokken, Scorpions, and Van Halen (with Sammy Hagar) in July 1988, and then with them headlining with Queensryche opening in December.

I was into them through the black album, but even that was kinda pushing it for them. After that with the whole Napster thing, the "we could fart on an album and our fans would still buy it". Seemed pretty hypocritical to me considering they only got a record deal because of their EP being illegally copied tape to tape that spread across the country. And then their music went down the tubes too, IMO, but I could have had a bit of a bias against them at that point too.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I'll be old with you, Paula. They were my first 2 concerts in 1988 (yes, 20 years ago) on the Monsters of Rock tour with Kingdom Come, Dokken, Scorpions, and Van Halen (with Sammy Hagar) in July 1988, and then with them headlining with Queensryche opening in December.

I was into them through the black album, but even that was kinda pushing it for them. After that with the whole Napster thing, the "we could fart on an album and our fans would still buy it". Seemed pretty hypocritical to me considering they only got a record deal because of their EP being illegally copied tape to tape that spread across the country. And then their music went down the tubes too, IMO, but I could have had a bit of a bias against them at that point too.
Glad I'm not the only oldie
I believe I saw them right after that but it wasn't monsters of rock (I wish!) it was only them with no opener, maybe 1990?

Ahhh the good old days