Any knitting or crocheters here?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can crochet. I learned when I was pretty little...it's kinda a southern thing to learn when your young
I have no clue how to knit though. / I don't crochet too often now as i never have the time- but i will probably make some things when i start to have kids

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a knitter!
I do the basics, ponchos, scarves, hats, baby booties, mittens, slippers, baby blankets, shalls......I have never done anything like a sweater.....I am kinda self taught.....well, my DH's cousin showed me one afternoon, and I just kinda messed up my way through it, till I figured it out after that.... I can't croche, but want to learn....I bought a kit that teaches you, but I haven't started it yet....I have been busy. So I figure I'll learn sometime this winter....

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I crochet and knit...used to cross stitch, but haven't in a number of years.

My parents taught me to knit when I was about 5 years old, and I've made a number of things with it. My favourite thing to knit are mitts though. They're quick, you can make them nice and intrequite and useful. My mom likes socks

I taught myself to crochet when I was a little younger (18 I guess). I'm ok at it and like doing things like afghans in crochet (most recently one for my grandmother which she keeps in the livingroom).

I also taught myself to cross sitich and then taught my mom and sister. My sister's pretty addicted to cross sititching right now, and is in the process of making herslef a series of pillows.

Hilda: you should see if you can have the blanket back and use it to curl up with the in evenings. I know it was a gift, but I know that if my parents couldnt use something I made for them and I could they'd gladly give it back (especially if I promised to make one that they COULD use). Just a thought.

cele

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I taught myself to crochet when I was 12 or 13 and then to knit about 5 or 6 years later. Right now, I knit more than crochet and have been doing mostly baby outfits since so many of my family and friends are having babies lately! My husband even got me some tags with my name on them to sew inside the things I make. I have made many afghans over the years for my family and I thnk everyone has one by now, with the exception of my grandchildren. I will wait until they are a little older and have "big kid beds" before I make them!

I used to do some needle point and cross stitch, but my arthritis is too bad now to do the fine stitching, so I stick to the crocheting and knitting. I noticed that someone else here gets patterns and yarn from Annie's Attic - I just got a catalog from there last week and ordered entirely too many patterns, but I couldn't resist!!

I wish I had more time to knit and crochet, but I drive an hour and a half one way to work every day and have to get most of my chores done on the weekends, so that uses up a lot of my spare time. But I refuse to give up because I love it!!

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love to crochet and do it all the time. I am working on an afghan for my daughter right now but I throw small projects in the middle so I don't get bored.

I also work with plastic canvas. I like it but I can get distracted to easy and have several projects I have yet to finish