Any jewelry/gemstone freaks out there?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

I think I may be the only one but, here goes....

I DON'T like Diamonds!

Of course if someone were to give me one I'd take it
but I'd rather have flawless colored precious stones myself... for example, uncooked rubies (pigeon blood of course), all the sapphires (all nine colors) or a perfectly flawless emerald.

I have actually collected all nine colors of sapphires (1 carat each - took me 4 years to do that) and I'm just waiting to collect another two sets of 50 pointers and another set of 1.5-2 carats so that I can create the ultimate set of Bracelet, Necklace and earrings!
I'm not a diamond girl, i much prefer bright colours and all the different shapes

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

the only precious stones i have are on my grandmother's wedding set, which i inherited when she died this past December. she said i got it because i was the only granddaughter who had never gotten an engagement ring [see, staying single is sometimes a plus!]. it's a diamond emerald cut set in a platinum setting. i have a lovely, large amythest ring that i wear almost all the time, & a nice blue topaz ring. i also have a small milky opal ring. i'd love to have the milky opal replaced with a fire opal [my favorite stone!] but just can't afford to spend the
on something frivolous like that. [in a real money crunch right now!] i also like alexandrite - aren't those the ones that change color depending on the light? as far as red stones, i really prefer garnets to rubies - that deep red color is so lovely! my sister has some beautiful topazes - really firey orange color... i think they're called fire topaz, but they're different looking than the one Bruce posted the pic of. more orange, not as blue.
I hadn't seen my grandmother in about 7 years till grandpa died, then when we all started being around eachother again, she gave me a ring (though it doesnt fit) from her 25th wedding anniversary, so it's about 28 or 29 years old now. It's white gold, with two diamonds and a ruby. I've actually been trying to research the setting it is in and i havn't quite found the one, it reminds me of medievil lattice

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
finally got to school at the same time that TCS was working!
here are my rings...
opal & blue topaz

diamond wedding set from my grandma

amethyst - i took 2 of these, trying to get one where the color is right. it's a real purple, but to me these pix look kinda blue

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand about the blue appearance, Laureen. I took photos at a wedding for the bride and her lavender decorations on her cake photographed blue!

Anyway, lovely pieces you have. I really like the mounting your amethyst is in.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love crystals of all varieties... I only have one clear quartz now. I had another quartz on a necklace that I got a few days ago and was wearing it but it disappeared... the chain is still around my neck but the crystal is gone.
I also have a pendant that is jade and moonstone and I absolutely love it. And sapphires are my favorite but I don't have any yet.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I am not really a girly girl, so I am not into jewelry..oh also, I am allergic to nickel, so i can't wear silver at all
I'm highly allergic to nickel..I have to find belts with leather buckles otherwise I'll get a nasty rash on my belly.
But, I can wear sterling silver if it's PURE, otherwise no way, Jose!

My fave stones are: Rubies (my birthstone), diamonds, and Jade (go fig, lol). I really like the look of REAL Jade (not jadeite). My mom bought me a pearl and Jade necklace a few years ago that is gorgeous. It came with a set of pearl and Jade stud earrings.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love diamonds... Simple enough, and emeralds because it is my birthstone. Most of my jewelry is silver and stoneless... my favorite piece I have is my Tiffany's necklace. I also wear alot of costume jewelry (chokers, pucha shells, layered necklaces, etc)! All and all I love anything that sparkles... Oh except gold!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I understand about the blue appearance, Laureen. I took photos at a wedding for the bride and her lavender decorations on her cake photographed blue!

Anyway, lovely pieces you have. I really like the mounting your amethyst is in.
Originally Posted by halfpint

I Love that last one its beautiful...My Favorite is Tanzanite Good Tanzanite..
thanks!
i got the amethyst at our local Mervyns one year with my Christmas money, before it closed. it's a bit too large now, but the jeweler told me they couldn't resize it because it would mess up the stone.