any ideas how I can rid my bathroom of a ghost?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand how you feel. Most of my family members think there's a ghost in my parents' home. We know for certain that a man was shot to death in the side yard, and we were told that another man hanged himself in the basement. As it turned out, the only shower in the house is in (of course) the basement. It's hard to explain the configuration of the basement; there are actually stairs that lead to another, lower basement. The framing for the stairs forms a sort of window effect, and as you're in the shower you're facing this window. It's over this 2nd set of stairs that the alleged hanging occured.

I hated taking a shower, as did one of my SIL's who lived there for a time. I was absolutely certain that I would open the shower curtain, look thru that 'window' opening, and see the man who committed suicide looking back at me. There were times I stayed in the shower for what felt like hours, because I didn't want to open that curtain.

I would never have dreamed of actually talking to whatever entity might have been hanging around. Ok, that came out kind of weird considering the circumstances.
However, since my Dad passed away in 1993 I'm certain I've felt his presence in my own home. I do speak to him and haven't ever felt frightened by the fact that I do feel his presence. Of course, if I thought it was someone other than my Dad, I'd probably be scared silly.

If I were you, I would try moving some religious objects into the bathroom and, if you're a brave soul, try speaking to it as others have suggested. Good luck with whatever you decide to do; I can sympathize with that 'someone's watching me' feeling.

catscamille

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Man, that's freeky. However are you SURE that it's a ghost?? like not just imagination or something... I used to believe that there was a BAD MAN in the piano, and I really almost SAW things from the sides of my eyes sometimes....
Fear sometimes does it to you...
Although, i HAVE had my share of this stuff, comunicating with dead spirits, and so on... also, with living ones.. but never mind that.
Wish ya well with your GHOST!

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am terrified to death of ghosts and anything supernatural like that.

So I try to pretend that I don't believe in that.

But it sounds to me like you got the ghost of some pervert.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
THANK you ALL for the replies and the support and sometimes the laugh.

My hubby LOVED the idea of only taking showers together.

I mentioned the spy camera idea and together we searched the apartment and turned up nothing.

I did tell it to go away the other day...and it stayed away for a bit but last night as I was washing my makeup off I felt something behind me and had the strongest feeling that if I lifted my head out of the sink and looked in the mirror I would see someone behind me. SO I did but naturally only saw my reflection.

THANKFULLY I'm not the only person who gets weirded out by my bathroom...my mom and siblings get the same feeling. My brother who once took at shower at my place ended up jumping out of the shower yelling.

My husband hasn't seen anything but he is a little creeped out and WILL NOT close the doors while taking a shower. I wonder if it has anything to do with me pointing out his star of david is facing into the bathroom when the door is open.

Ah the weirdness just continues. The odd thing is..moo meows in the bathroom but tilly bean LOVES to roll around the bathtub at 3 am. Either she is chasing her tail or something else entirely.

LOL a ghost of a pervert that would just be my luck!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Tell it to go away? or maybe look for more logical explanations first as to what is causing that watched feeling.

Try to figure out what item it is by trial and error and sell it on ebay?

Something odd happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was sitting on couch one evening watching tv - the tv is on the north wall of the living room, behind that wall is a tiny bedroom, to the right is the hallway. Off that short hallway is the master bath, and two bedrooms. Thus while sitting on the couch you can see into the hallway and one of the bedroom doors.
Worn padding under old carpet suggested that the former occupants used the middle room as an extended hallway and shortcut to the kitchen for many many years.
I swore I saw a woman in 60s dress. A-line (?) type skirt with a matching knit sweater, both in robin egg blue. She had short blond hair and could have been in her late 20s or 30s.
I saw her just for a split second, enough for maybe three steps in one's walk, going from what would be the my bedroom to the middle room.
I must be losing it.
My house isn't haunted, maybe something recorded over the years.

This house was built in the 1960, no one died here and the land used didn't have any homes on it before this one. I believe we're the third owners.
hmmmmm...
you have the ghost of Carol Brady!

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vampcow

THANKFULLY I'm not the only person who gets weirded out by my bathroom...my mom and siblings get the same feeling.
Not just them, your br freaks me out too, hence why Ionly stepped foot in there one time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Not just them, your br freaks me out too, hence why Ionly stepped foot in there one time!
for real??

hmm I never got freaked out by my br....is it the armior that freaks you out? It did when joe first got it now I don't even notice it anymore...

hmm well my apartment is from the 70's.....

but my apartment is NO WHERE as freaky as my sisters apartment she had before she got a house...a guy committed suicide in the hallway between the bedroom and the bathroom and he liked to show up alot...

BUT the SCARIEST place is my other sister's house...she bought it a year ago and I can't STAND going to her place. It scares me. Especially the second floor its all dark and creepy and my other sister (the one with the haunted apartment) we refuse to step foot into her guest room because its really freaky. I know I have at least a friendly ghost..my sister we aren't so sure....