Any ideas about what's going on with my cat?

ssadek14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was recently sneezing, coughing, lethargic and not eating. We took him to the vet and they did blood work showing that he was dehydrated and his WBC among other things were very elevated. He was also running a fever. They have him fluids and an antibiotic. He seemed to be getting better but then tonight he started sneezing bad again and no matter how hard my other cat tries to get hlm to play, he just won't. I just want to know what I may be dealing with here.. I have already spent a lot of money and am trying to avoid unnecessary vet trips at this point. I'm very worried about my cat.. Please help me. Oh and he is almost 2 years old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ssadek14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh and I took him in Sunday.... Just so you have a timeline

madijanes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It may be allergies of some sort. Cats and other animals can be allergic to certain things. 

Sorry im not much help, but I hope your cat gets better!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat may be dealing with a virus. You could try feeding him L-lysine and probiotics to help provide immune support. Also, if possible, you could try eliminating grains from his diet or at the very least, corn and wheat. I am sure that you will soon be getting better advice than mine but these are simple fixes that have worked for me when the vet is perplexed ( I rescue ferals so their situations tend to be very complicated).