Any idea what kind of breed my cat may be?

kittylove542

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her fur is unique and nothing like I've ever seen. She's dark grey/black but underneath she's white. She has short(ish) stubby legs and isn't usually cross-eyed.. think it was from the flash. Thanks!

aimee burrier

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 6 week old kitten has the same fur. It here in like that after she lost all her hair. She was black and calico but now is gray. I think she has some Russian blue in her. I will be curious to see what others think.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
KittyLove, that  coloring is called for smoke, dark fur with white underneath... giving a somewhat surrealistic impression.

I think your can has quite a much of British in his near ancestry.  Giving this stubby impression, and also face.

Therefore not said he would pass for a purebred British.  But fair recently ancestry - yes.

Where do you live?  How common are british cats nearby?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aimee.  Interesting with your cat.  I dont have much ideas, but I wonder if he if she really isnt a pointed cat...  I see a stroke of yellowish... So I suspect he is tortoiseshell too - yeah, you yourself wrote calico.  This probably explains hers peculiar color behavior.

Torbies and tortoiseshell looks often bewildering at first glance.

There is no especial  Russian in her looks.. Which of course dont deny such ancestry, if there is such ancestry.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylove542

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I live in Ontario, Canada. I'm not sure how common British cats are, although I do believe I had another cat with that ancestry as well, a stubby-legged, grey cat. I always gets my cats from shelters so I'm never given any information about them. Aimee, that kitten is adorable! Cute pic!

juss22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is very neat! What does her coat feel like? I have a bengal and he has more of a pelt then fur and it has that same separated effect. I'm just asking because pelts feel much different then the average cat, very soft short and thick. It is more water prof. It could be that is is part pedigree.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylove542

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her fur is thick and sheds a lot. She's pretty soft but it's not a slick soft like my other two. It's definitely unique and thank goodness she loves being brushed!