Any Idea What Breeds Produced this Beauty?

lhamo55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Sooty Silverstone, she's just about a year old and almost finished shedding. Her underside and haunches are lightening from an ashy gray to white which is the color underneath all but her face, ears and paws. As you can see her nose is black, so are her paw pads. She spent her first six months being treated for herpes but just last week was dx'd with asthma. She's a talker and a love bomb.

Thanks in advance for your ideas,
Sooty and Renee

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do a Google search for Longhair Smoke Domestic Cat and select the link to photographs and you will see a few that look like your beautiful girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lhamo55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! Reading about the smoke coat was very enlightening indeed. Most cats I've encountered have either been tabby, calico, sleek all black Nepali Bombay or tortie. She reminds me of the lady who needs to have her white roots touched up. Her coat is quite thick but after her foreleg was shaved for her bronchoscopy, it's easier to see the layers of color. What's fascinating is her skin at the shaved spot is the same black as her nose and pads in spite of the white layer. Her vet at UC Davis designated her as a domestic medium hair and noted how soft her coat is.

And she has a doppelgänger right here on this site too!

Thanks again from Sooty and me.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Smoke was my first though me too.  But I wonder, could it be a fever coat?   As Sooty has a history of being treated for herpes.

How was he looking as kitten?  Smoke or all black?