Any idea on what kind of cat my big Blanc is??

purrpanther

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try re-posting your pictures.  Use the picture tool (the one to the left of the filmstrip-looking icon in the toolbar.  I clicked on your picture and it wouldn't open without using one of my programs. Choose the biggest size of the three options for the best view.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a very handsome boy, and he's a domestic shorthair.  Like the vast majority (well over 90%) of cats he is of no particular breed so he's in good company there.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't open your pictures, but I wanted to say I would hope no one on this site would ever insult a cat by saying they are not cute! My youngest has the Siamese long face and slightly crossed eyes, but he's good looking in his own way! I tell him he's beautiful every day!

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't open your pictures, but I wanted to say I would hope no one on this site would ever insult a cat by saying they are not cute! My youngest has the Siamese long face and slightly crossed eyes, but he's good looking in his own way! I tell him he's beautiful every day!
Agreed. We love all the kitties around here

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks like an overly serious gentleman. :) And don't worry, he is quite cute. I don't think I've ever met a cat that wasn't. We've got funny-looking naked Sphynx kitties, kitties missing eyes or limbs, extreme Persians and Siamese, kitties with crossed eyes and wobbly legs, rescued stray kitties with eartips or battle scars--and they're all cute. They're cats. Cute is intrinsic to kittyhood.

Does the little dab of black on his nose mean he is technically a black and white bicolor, or can that happen even to a genetically all-white cat?

Last edited:

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting question - is he a cat with a Dominant White gene (DW), or an extreme example of what homozygous white spotting (Ws) can do?  He might be the latter, but without knowing what the parents were (and they might also be 'interesting') it's all guesswork.  There aren't gene tests AFAIK for DW or Ws either.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blanc is a "Domestic Shorthair" which just means no particular breed -- like the vast majority of cats. but he is his own unique self and sounds like a very special cat.
He looks like an overly serious gentleman.
And don't worry, he is quite cute. I don't think I've ever met a cat that wasn't. We've got funny-looking naked Sphynx kitties, kitties missing eyes or limbs, extreme Persians and Siamese, kitties with crossed eyes and wobbly legs, rescued stray kitties with eartips or battle scars--and they're all cute. They're cats. Cute is intrinsic to kittyhood.

Does the little dab of black on his nose mean he is technically a black and white bicolor, or can andthat happen even to a genetically all-white cat?
Callista ... " an overly serious gentleman..." Hmmm. you hit the nail on the head! I think M. Blanc is related to Serious Cat! And I DO think he is cute.
You're right about all the cats being cute. Hey one of mine was cross-eyed with a head tilt and another one, when we got him, his fur was burned off some places and crispy in others. and his ear tips were burnt black and fell off! And he was outrageously cute.
I do suspect that M. Blanc MIGHT be an extreme example of White Spotting. but still wouldn't be classified as a Bicolor with just a black nose. The same is true the other way for a black cat with a white locket. They are not classified as a Black and White Bicolor. For example in a cat show catalog , Blanc would just be listed as Solid White. and a black cat with a small white locket on his chest would be listed with the Solid Black cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrpanther

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

BLANC IS BLUSHING <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

lucia cabello

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your cat is exactly like mine, very cute and handsome, also, your cat is a white dsh cat, which means it is a White Domestic Short-Haired Cat! Hope this helped! ;)