any guess when my kitty will have her babies?

alilweav

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We found a stray a few weeks ago and it's obvious she is pregnant. Belly very swollen, can feel kittens moving. She is quite affectionate and has become increasingly more lazy. Mainly laying on blankets on the floor as opposed to the cat tree she usually sleeps in. If I gently squeeze her nips I can get a little colostrum. How long til labor. I remember having cats that had kittens when I was a kid but have maintained zero knowledge from it. ;). I have made her a "birthing box". We have switched her to kitten food and she hasn't been eating much latel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alilweav

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
[GALLERY="media, 240225"][/GALLERY]

Here is a few pics from this evening

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The exact day of delivery is impossible to know, especielly as you dont know the day of mating either.

The best guess may come from knowing how long you felt the kittens move - its about 2 weeks, or slightly more....

What colors is of her eyes?  Had you opportunity to check if she has a chip?

I will add som links further down.

Good luck!

Most of these links have been readied by our forumist  Red Top Rescue:

We have a good collection of articles in the Cat Health section which you can access by scrolling up to the brown bar, clicking on Articles,and then choosing the Cat Health section and scrolling through the choices.  To make this super easy for you, I am copying the links regarding birth, delivery and newborns for you here.  After reading this information, let us know if you have any more questions.  And good luck with your approaching new arrivals.

Birth, Delivery and Newborns

How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?

Cat Pregnancy

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Pregnant Cat? What to Prepare For the Birth

Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!

Premature Kittens

Post-Birth Complications in Cats

And also:

http://www.icatcare.org/advice/my-cat-having-kittens     ( This is a link to a group of articles on cat pregnancy, birth and kittens.   Read the ones on normal cat birth and on " when to wait and when to worry"  )  

Fleece or flannel good to use in the bedding for kittens.

alilweav

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her eyes are yellow. We took her to a shelter the day she came to our house and they said if no one claims her in a week then she was ours to keep so we did that. That was about 4 maybe 5 weeks ago. I'm assuming they would have checked for microchips. We put up found signs around our neighborhood and no one claimed her. I am pretty sure we felt babies about a week and a half ago. She seems to be leaking clear fluid from her girly area as of this morning. She had been extremely clingy as well she wants to lay on me all the time. I'm thinking it's going to be very soon.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Her eyes are yellow.
I see. So she cant be a purebred Russian Blue who perhaps happened to get lost when transported back from the visit to the stud.

But she may still be a refugee from a Back Yard Breeder.  Her overall looks are not so little reminding of russian blue the scandinavian type.

Rub her belly if she wish it, and

Good luck!

alilweav

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When I took her to the shelter they told me she looked like a Russian blue. I'm unfamiliar with the breed but she was pretty. Wouldn't surprise me of she was from a back yard breeder but no one claimed her. Either way we love her the same. This will be her last litter (unsure if she has ever had one before.) My vet will fix her and the kittens all for the same price. I hope she has them soon!

alilweav

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is sleeping in her nesting box tonight as opposed to sleeping with me like she normally does I'm guessing it will be soon now?

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is sleeping in her nesting box tonight as opposed to sleeping with me like she normally does I'm guessing it will be soon now?
The way my queen told me that she was ready to give birth was she wanted WAY more attention. She was already waking me up at 4:30 in the morning because she wanted to be petted, but she was more than that. She wouldn't let me go to sleep one night it took me petting her for about 30 minuets before she let me go to sleep. She had her kittens the next morning. Mine didn't use her nesting ox, she had them on my bed. Do you have more than just one nesting box? How long have you been able to feel the kittens move? Good luck!

alilweav

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've felt them move for about 2 weeks. I have seen them move for about a week. She is in labor now. Hasn't moved from the box. She lost chunks of her mucous . She is constantly licking herself and won't let me leave her. I can feel her contractions

alilweav

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has had one baby but it's been almost 2 hours now and she is still contracting about every 3 min or so. Is this normal time in between kittens? Help please!!!

alilweav

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Second baby is here

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hope all is well! Hows it going now? I say it is normal for a queen to go that long, because mine did. She had three babies then waited about 12 then had her last one. Post pictures!!

alilweav

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She had 4! I'll post pics in just a second

alilweav

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They really are. She is a very good momma. Lots of snuggles and cleaning. I've changed their bedding and made sure her food and water is close by. Is there anything else in need to do?