Any flower lovers out there?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The datura is the one with the spiky seeds and is generally an annual. I actually grow them every year from saved seeds from my original plant. The datura flowers only last a day though, but boy do they ahve a great fragrance.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

The datura is the one with the spiky seeds and is generally an annual. I actually grow them every year from saved seeds from my original plant. The datura flowers only last a day though, but boy do they ahve a great fragrance.
Yep, the fragrance is unbeatable! The yellow 'fake' one I have in those pics also had a wonderful fragrance! I had a huge gardenia planted next to it and they were both by my back door...just imagine the fragrance back there! I'll see if I can find a pic of both of them together...

Hilda>^..^<

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago, I had another plant that looked very similar but it bore its blossoms upright...and afterwards it gave a very thorny/spiney looking seed...very unusal...it 'burst' open to reveal the seeds inside...always has reminded me of the alien eggs in the movie ''Alien''. I believe that one was actually a true datura!
The upright flowers are Datura, the ones that hang are brugmansia.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, definitely do join us over at VF - we're all gardening freaks over there! Hilda, your gardens are incredible!

winter hawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hilda..........

Absolutely beautiful garden, yard and mailbox.

I have a little bit of a green thumb, but not with the variety that you have. We have two Iris beds that we built and there are over 100 different rhizomes. They aren't very pretty up until, and after they bloom.......but they sure are when they bloom. They are also very easy to take care of, which speaking of we need to dig them up and divide them this summer. If anyone wants to see some pictures of them, I can post a link that contains MANY pictures of them in bloom.

Winter Hawk

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHHH those are soooo lovely! You've got lots of echinacea! I had some as well...I love that it spreads so readily!

Thanks so much for posting your pics! It looks very tranquil and beautiful...

Hilda>^..^<