Any birdwatchers here?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, no eagles this time of year--at least for us. They converge at the dam once the weather turns cold; last winter the ice was so thick they actually ventured into the city looking for food. I saw one fly over my house on several different occasions.
I was 'attacked' by a hummingbird just last week. I was taking care of the baby cardinal I'd found and a hummingbird dive bombed me! I thought "what the hey?!", then it occurred to me that I was wearing a red shirt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he was probably mad you did'nt have any nectar

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooh Chichismom, I hope you get lots more hummingbirds! They are such lovely creatures (well, maybe not if they're dive bombing you)!
Nice shots of the egret and red-winged blackbirds. That heron was one weird looking dude! Looked kinda like a crow crossed with a kingfisher.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Nope, no eagles this time of year--at least for us. They converge at the dam once the weather turns cold; last winter the ice was so thick they actually ventured into the city looking for food. I saw one fly over my house on several different occasions.
I was 'attacked' by a hummingbird just last week. I was taking care of the baby cardinal I'd found and a hummingbird dive bombed me! I thought "what the hey?!", then it occurred to me that I was wearing a red shirt.
Red is their favorite color so they will naturally be attracted to anything red.
I always get a kick out of getting to see one that close up. It's pretty startling when you have two of them fighting right over your head and you don't even hear them sneak up.