Any animal relief agencies accepting PayPal?

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know of any agencies that need donations for Hurricane Katrina that accept PayPal? I sell on Ebay and want to donate some money, but it is in PayPal.
All I see on the PayPal site is United Way. I have given some money to them, but I want to give to one of the agencies helping animals. The pictures of them leaving animals behind is driving me mad and I want to help.
Thanks for any information.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by JIL05

Does anyone know of any agencies that need donations for Hurricane Katrina that accept PayPal? I sell on Ebay and want to donate some money, but it is in PayPal.
All I see on the PayPal site is (I think) Unicef. I have given some money to them, but I want to give to one of the agencies helping animals. The pictures of them leaving animals behind is driving me mad and I want to help.
Thanks for any information.
You can sell items on ebay through Giving Works:

http://givingworks.ebay.com/

I've seen many items with 100% of the proceeds supporting Katrina efforts.

Katie

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Noahs Wish did - but it seams like they are over done their bandwidth and the site is temp shut down.

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am also showing my support via eBay - but only to those buyers who donate 75% (pref 90-100) to their cause.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Talon

I am also showing my support via eBay - but only to those buyers who donate 75% (pref 90-100) to their cause.
Me as well Talon....I just bid on a really nice painting...90% of the proceed support Hurricane Katrina efforts.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the information!

I have just made a donation on Petfinder.com. I tried to sell through Givingworks but I currently do not have a credit card (by choice :eek:), and I am in the middle of my debit cards (changed banks) and I can't figure out how to do it without either card. I know time is of the essence, so I want to get the money to them asap. If the Noah's Wish site comes back up, I will donate on their website also.
Thanks again,
JIL05

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a buy it now of something I am keeping my eye on - and I do beleive I am going to get it.... however I have a new rule - no purchasing anything only after 10 PM. Sleepiness will make be bid on very strange things.
I have also been perusing the jewelry - something I can wear with me, that will keep reminding me of bad times, good times - and how things could always be worse.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Talon

There is a buy it now of something I am keeping my eye on - and I do beleive I am going to get it.... however I have a new rule - no purchasing anything only after 10 PM. Sleepiness will make be bid on very strange things.
I have also been perusing the jewelry - something I can wear with me, that will keep reminding me of bad times, good times - and how things could always be worse.
I bid on this painting...it will go so nicely in my bedroom and 90% of the proceeds are going to the Red Cross.

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRIS-GARDEN-Orig...QQcmdZViewItem

And this painting where 100% of the proceeds goes to animals:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7348279572

Plus...I'm such a sucker...I "may" bid on this as well even though it's only a 50% contribution:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Katie

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could also try www.ual.com E.A.R.S. (United Animal Nations, Early Animal Response System) which was co-founded by Terri Crisp, current director of Noah's Wish. What I like about both N.W. & EARS is that you can also donate items to their division sites (they have a comprehensive wish list). Terri Crisp has a wonderful book called "Out of Harm's Way" which details her original works in rescuing animals during disasters. Bless you for caring so much!!