Anxious today

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The coloring is very pretty. I really like classic siamese I think they are called. I'm also very fond of tonkinese. The classics I know aren't as extreme which I like a little better.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Amandaisabella

I agree Siamese are unique,I might get another one day but right now he's enough! Along with my cat Bella, well actually she isn't my cat but has been with me for five months now as her owners are in the air force. So she seems like she's mine, I dread the day I have to seperate the two of them. What kind of Siamese cats do you have? Romeo is a classic chocolate seal point
Bijou is a lilac-point and Mika is a Blue-Cream point.

Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

Yah I like the spelling of Mika. My girls name is Meeka. Do you pronounce it that way or does the "i" have a stronger sound?
We pronounce it the same as you "meeka". She's my little grand-princess. I love her to pieces. She is about half Bijou's size and so dainty. She also loves kids. On Halloween night I would hold her when the kids were at the door and they all wanted to pet her and she was just fine with that. Bijou on the other hand hung back and wasn't so eager to make their acquaintance.

I love the Bengals too. They are soooo beautiful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amandaisabella

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

The coloring is very pretty. I really like classic siamese I think they are called. I'm also very fond of tonkinese. The classics I know aren't as extreme which I like a little better.
Tonkinese,I haven't heard of them?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are a cross between a siamese and a burmese (its registered with TICA and CFA too I believe). The idea is to get away from the extremity of the siamese (though classics are great, not fond of traditional), and take that great outgoing siamese personality with the lap-cat (often called lap fungus because they are alwyas there) cat of teh burmese. Color is usually a tad bit darker but still pointed with all the variations. I think its a neat combination

And of course my love are bengals and I'm a sucker for Maine Coon's as well.

CFA - Tonkinese

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amandaisabella

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

They are a cross between a siamese and a burmese (its registered with TICA and CFA too I believe). The idea is to get away from the extremity of the siamese (though classics are great, not fond of traditional), and take that great outgoing siamese personality with the lap-cat (often called lap fungus because they are alwyas there) cat of teh burmese. Color is usually a tad bit darker but still pointed with all the variations. I think its a neat combination

And of course my love are bengals and I'm a sucker for Maine Coon's as well.
I shall have to look them up! Traditional Siamese have the apple shaped face, is that right? Romeo has a tiny face but he's still very young, his face is becoming darker each month and his coloring is like vanilla pudding with added dashes of chocolate, quite beautiful. I too like Maine Coons but they are so expensive. Bengals are so beautiful,they have the spots right?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, like little leopards. They are a bit more expensive than Maine Coons though. Your boy sounds so pretty! I like Siamese but I don't think my fiance is to keen on them.

Here are some of the latest pictures of my babies - 1 Savannah (silver), 1 Bengals (brown spotted), 1 Torbe (rescued from a barn).
Kitty Pics