Ants!!?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have them, and I smush all of the darn things as soon as I see them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These Terro things must be doing the job!!
Im not seeing them anymore!! But I do have a silly question, where do the ants go?? I dont see them in the traps?!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They take the terro back to the nest, and store it like food, and in theory, they eat the terro and the colony dies. We do have significantly less ants than we did when we moved in three years ago, but we were so infested and surrounded by ant colonies that I have no idea how long it would take to wipe em out.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

They take the terro back to the nest, and store it like food, and in theory, they eat the terro and the colony dies. We do have significantly less ants than we did when we moved in three years ago, but we were so infested and surrounded by ant colonies that I have no idea how long it would take to wipe em out.
Ok, but I dont see them in the traps. Do they not die in there? Im surprised Im not finding them dead on my counters and stuff.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they the Terro traps? If it's Terro what happens is the "poison" is a mix of boric acid or borax and sugar water... and the traps don't actually trap them, they're more like bait. It's a slow acting poison that works then they eat the sugar or food. Now, I have seen them in little ant heaps around the traps, but usually they don't die at the food/poison source.. they just take it away and then eventually you don't see them anymore.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Are they the Terro traps? If it's Terro what happens is the "poison" is a mix of boric acid or borax and sugar water... and the traps don't actually trap them, they're more like bait. It's a slow acting poison that works then they eat the sugar or food. Now, I have seen them in little ant heaps around the traps, but usually they don't die at the food/poison source.. they just take it away and then eventually you don't see them anymore.
Ahh ok!
BTW-they are the traps, that you cut at the end.....

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The little see through ones that you cut at the end and it has a little "ramp" for the ants to crawl in and get the poison?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The little see through ones that you cut at the end and it has a little "ramp" for the ants to crawl in and get the poison?
Yup-thats them!! I havent seen any ants since I put them down!!
I went ahead and threw away 2 of them though-I caught Taffy messing with one and it scared me!!