anti-vaccination

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyBabies

Check out THIS website: http://www.critteradvocacy.org It is written by a vet and it will tell you all you need to know about vaccinations.

My cats do NOT get vaccinated (though if there was a vet who would do intra/ultra nasal one's I would) as I lost my beloved Corkie to cancer caused by her VAS that took her leg!
Your link says what I have been saying all along, that the non adjuvanted vaccines are much safer.

The Purevax rabies vaccine is the only vaccine used around here these days.

Scientists agree that three annual vaccinations with a non -adjuvanted rabies vaccine is safer and less likely to cause a fibrosarcoma than one vaccination with a three year DOI adjuvanted vaccine. Three year DOI Licensing for the Purevac non-adjuvanted Rabies product is pending.
After three years on the market there have been only two injection site fibrosarcomas confirmed with Purevac rabies vaccine vs. over 70,000 caused by adjuvanted rabies vaccines.
(this was written in 2003)

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat had bad side affects from vaccines last year when she was four months old.

ralphjolly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I am anti-vaccination, the reason being that my favourite cat has suffered from cancer due to a vaccination she received as a kitten.
She has now several sarcomas on and around the vaccination site and according to a number of doctors the causes were trauma to the site and an allergic reaction to the vaccine. My understanding is that there was something wrong with the drug itself but you will be relieved to hear that this didn't happen in the US. Her original vet was more of a butcher than a doctor -thankfully I have met many dedicated animal loving vets here in the US that have kept her alive and in a good quality of life so far.

I'm sure the occurance is quite rare but it puts me off getting any vaccines for any of my cats except those required by law.