Anti-inflammatory support

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello, I am looking for some supplements with anti-inflammatory actions.
Rysiek condition is long term (mouth ulcerations + trigeminal neuralgia).
He was on metacam long-term ( since August), but of course it affects his kidneys.
We are now on 5th metacam free day. He is receiving pours one + multivitamins + probiotics. Additionally, he is still on omeprasole, which we will be tapering...

I am aware of all the disadvantages of medication, but we had no other choice...

At present I am looking for some supplements to assist inflammation, as I am a bit concerned that after stopping metacam the symptoms will resurface...

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look on Amazon or some other pet med site and research under anti-inflammatory supplements. A brand I use often and it works very well is PetWellbeing. I use a lot of their products. My cats haev leukemia and I haev been giving them DMG and LifeGold for 4 years now and they are still going after the vet said 'days' to live on one of them. What I really look for is the reviews, anything less then 4 stars don't even bother. Some are pricey, but a bottle lasts a long time. you may have to research the ingredients and see which are recommended.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Look on Amazon or some other pet med site and research under anti-inflammatory supplements. A brand I use often and it works very well is PetWellbeing. I use a lot of their products. My cats haev leukemia and I haev been giving them DMG and LifeGold for 4 years now and they are still going after the vet said 'days' to live on one of them. What I really look for is the reviews, anything less then 4 stars don't even bother. Some are pricey, but a bottle lasts a long time. you may have to research the ingredients and see which are recommended.
Thank you! 😺

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Rysiek Rysiek - could you post about the "multivitamins" you mentioned? What, exactly, are those?

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just bought turmeric for cats, sprinkle capsules...
I use turmeric myself...

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!

I hadn't seen that product before. I haven't delved into the vitamin realm, so I can't offer any informed opinion on this one. I do think I'm seeing a lot of fancy marketing there, however - "multivitamin" suggests to me a range of them (A,B,C,D,E), but this contains only the B's. The best I can offer is two thorough pieces from the trusted source I've shown you before, one covering the B's alone, and the second A, C, D, E. But, because that "multivitamin" contains only B vitamins, I'd encourage you to pay more attention to the page on those.

Hope that helps.

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks!

I hadn't seen that product before. I haven't delved into the vitamin realm, so I can't offer any informed opinion on this one. I do think I'm seeing a lot of fancy marketing there, however - "multivitamin" suggests to me a range of them (A,B,C,D,E), but this contains only the B's. The best I can offer is two thorough pieces from the trusted source I've shown you before, one covering the B's alone, and the second A, C, D, E. But, because that "multivitamin" contains only B vitamins, I'd encourage you to pay more attention to the page on those.

Hope that helps.
Hmm...I never spotted this! Thank you...

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been using Adored Beast Gut Soothe and highly recommend it! Feline Gut Soothe | Adored Beast Apothecary
There's also this PEA that's supposed to be good as an anti-inflammatory as well. PEA for Cats - Two Crazy Cat Ladies
Thank you so much 😺...
We have just started using feline gut soothe. He does not really like it, walks away from his bowl, but then eats over night...
I will look into PEA for cats, unfortunately not available in the UK...and after Brexit it is so difficult to buy products from overseas ...
I will wait now for his pain clinic on 22nd Feb and see what they may suggest...
I also bought turmeric for cats and will try to support him with this...