Another points question

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anne

Until I hear back from our VB coder guy (or hire a new one if I don't), I just tried switching over to 100 points paycheck for paying members that will be paid once a day. Let's give it a couple of days and see if any of you guys are receiving the points.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm still not receiving any points - even though I'm a paying member.
Just an FYI..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm still not receiving any points - even though I'm a paying member.
Just an FYI..

seems like this issue has been going on longer than I've noticed if the above poster mentioned it months ago..... Maybe the "points" part on the perk listing should be taken off till it is fixed so people aren't expecting something they aren't going to get.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

seems like this issue has been going on longer than I've noticed if the above poster mentioned it months ago..... Maybe the "points" part on the perk listing should be taken off till it is fixed so people aren't expecting something they aren't going to get.
I honestly don't think most folks even notice anymore. Most of us have more points than we'll ever use in this lifetime already.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I honestly don't think most folks even notice anymore. Most of us have more points than we'll ever use in this lifetime already.
But with it listed as a "perk" and part of the reason some people pay for membership, then it should be available or removed. If you have more points than what you think you'll use, great. I'm glad it works for you.

Me on the other hand, would like the points, have paid for a membership so I could have them (and larger avatars) and am not getting them, I'm not getting what I paid for.

I don't have $ to throw around for no reason...... and the points happen to be part of the reason I paid to be a member here

Yah, some people notice, and would like to get what they paid for

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

But with it listed as a "perk" and part of the reason some people pay for membership, then it should be available or removed. If you have more points than what you think you'll use, great. I'm glad it works for you.

Me on the other hand, would like the points, have paid for a membership so I could have them (and larger avatars) and am not getting them, I'm not getting what I paid for.

I don't have $ to throw around for no reason...... and the points happen to be part of the reason I paid to be a member here

Yah, some people notice, and would like to get what they paid for
I guess I didn't realize that some folks only pay for a membership to get points. I suppose that is because I personally would pay for a membership for no other reason than to support such a wonderful internet site, but that's just who I am and certainly wouldn't impose my thinking on anyone else. Everyone has to do what they feel is right for them.

I hope they get the points sorted out and you start getting your points soon.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I guess I didn't realize that some folks only pay for a membership to get points. I suppose that is because I personally would pay for a membership for no other reason than to support such a wonderful internet site, but that's just who I am and certainly wouldn't impose my thinking on anyone else. Everyone has to do what they feel is right for them.

I hope they get the points sorted out and you start getting your points soon.
Yup for some people the perks of having a membership are why they pay for it...( bigger avatars, points, access to PL lounge, etc. ) especially when you can get everything aside from the "perks" listed, for free from this forum. It bottoms down to people do expect to get what they paid for.

I don't expect you'd be happy paying for a ham, only to find it was left at the grocery store. I know I wouldn't....I'd be back asking for my ham, even if they donated it to a "good cause".....money doesn't grow on trees as far as I know, and when I pay for something, I expect to get full benefit.... look at it like a contract per se. You pay for something, you expect to get it, even if your money is going to support something.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm really sorry but I can't find a way to fix the points issue. I took it off from the subscriptions description, so it's no longer a paid perk (except for the bonus 1000 points when making the registration. Snake_Lady and others who feel adversely affected, please PM me with how much points you are owed for the duration of your subscription (everything you should have received, minus what's already been manually transferred) and I'll move the points into your account.