Another good news day

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been worried about Bob at the shelter. Bob's owner died, and none of the kids would take him in. He's 10+ years old, maybe 15. Has that "old age" look about him, curves in the front legs, a cyst on his head, and a tail about 1/2 inch long. Hates dry food, loves wet food. And intelligent green eyes. A true companion cat, but not highly adoptable.

I discussed him with the shelter director earlier in the week, suggesting he might be a good resident shelter cat. She had a No PTS hold on him, anyway, and we have a lot of empty cages, so he wasn't necessarily in any danger, but he made me sad.

The director called me this afternoon, letting me know that he was being adopted. I rushed down there and hugged the adopter. He knew what he was getting into, and specifically wanted to help out an older cat. So Bob has a home! I went in the cat area, picked him up, and cuddled with him. He gave me a great goodbye purr.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How wonderful for Bob and the new owner!! I hope they have several great years together.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To Bob and his new life. Such a heartwarming adoption. Love to hear about when older cats get adopted out of the shelter environment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish that the shelter would give "senior" discounts in two situations:

1. For a senior cat. Any cat older than about 5 years is skating on thin ice when it comes to adoption.

2. For a senior adopter. Frequently older people are lonely and need a companion, but are on a fixed income, limiting their choices.

I would give a double discount for a senior person adopting a senior cat.

dorothyb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Bob is very happy to hear that your Bob is doing so well!

dorothyb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I wish that the shelter would give "senior" discounts in two situations:

1. For a senior cat. Any cat older than about 5 years is skating on this ice when it comes to adoption.

2. For a senior adopter. Frequently older people are lonely and need a companion, but are on a fixed income, limiting their choices.

I would give a double discount for a senior person adopting a senior cat.
I agree-everyone should have a home, and everyone should have a companion.