Another cone question

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since this is the first time and hopefully the only time my boy is on a cone I am curious to others experiences for there cat and a cone.

How long was the cone on and what for?

How did you cat act with the cone on?

Currently sleeping most of the day and night when it's on

Did you take it off and for how long?

Took it off for a few hours at a time when I was able to supervise with no distractions.

Did he or she play? If yes I need some advice

Currently walking around but not playing

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I suppose it depends on the reason for him wearing the cone. Mine was spayed and wore it for 5 days, very reluctantly for the first hour or so but settled after that. I took it off for her to eat and for periods when I watched her, as you are doing. Some cats are reluctant to act as normal with a cone because wearing one isn't normal to them. How long did your vet tell you to keep it on for?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my cats wore a plastic cone for about a week to keep him from scratching his eye issue. He didn't like the cone, always crashing into the walls or dragging his head on the floor :rolleyes: He was able to use the litter box just fine with the cone on. I took the cone off so he could eat so only a few minutes. My cat doesn't really play in general so I guess he spent most of his time lying down with the cone on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ah okay so what my cat is doing is completely normal?

My vet said to send him a picture Wednesday and he will say to keep it on or take it off