Another accident! (long rant)

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must have a target on my cab! On 3-23-10. I was rear ended by a big Dodge van, had whiplash, strained muscles, aggravated the arthritis in my neck and back, and pulled several muscles away from my spine. The other driver took off, but my passenger and I both got his tag number, so he was caught.
Yesterday I was coming back from the airport and a stupid girl ran a red light in front of me. I managed to get slowed down enough to not hit her broadside, and we hit my front passenger side, and her rear passenger. Fortunately it was near a busy part of town, and there were 6-7 witnesses standing 20 feet away and saw what happened. She did not even try to say it was not her fault, and I hit her. She was so reckless, she was speeding through a busy intersection, and said she did know the area and did not know there was a light there. She had an infant with her, not in a car seat, and she would not allow the child to be checked out at the ER.
It could have been much worse, though, a few seconds earlier and it would have been much worse, and I would have been hurt a lot more, as well as the girl and the baby.
As it is, I have both sprained ankles, bruises from the seat belt, whiplash, strained glute muscles, (the big muscles on your butt for those of you not familiar), a bigger tear in the already torn back muscles, and now the arthritis is is much more aggravating. Nothing life threatening, but I feel like I have been hit by a bus.
Sorry if this rambles a bit, I am on heavy pain meds and muscle relaxers.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow - that stinks! If that girl didn't have the baby in a car seat then I am wondering if she should get punished for that. The baby could have been killed!!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow.....I'm sorry. I hope you're going to be feeling better soon.

The girl should be charged, too, with not having that child in a car seat....so dangerous.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Wow - that stinks! If that girl didn't have the baby in a car seat then I am wondering if she should get punished for that. The baby could have been killed!!!
I thought that was against the law?
I hope this accident doesn't set you back too much for healing. Sounds like you have enough on your plate already.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did she have insurance?? I sympathize with your pain. I've been in two auto well three auto accidents that were other peoples fault due to inattentive drivng. I feel your pain. You are going to be more sore tomorrow?? Do you have to work or can you have some days off to recuperate?

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness!
I can't believe that anyone with an infant in the car could be so reckless and then refuse to have the poor baby checked out. There is something very seriously wrong with that mother!!!!

I hope you're feeling better soon!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending lots of healing wishes for you. Hope you make a speedy recovery.
I love living in a place where the whole county only has two stop lights.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

Oh my goodness!
I can't believe that anyone with an infant in the car could be so reckless and then refuse to have the poor baby checked out. There is something very seriously wrong with that mother!!!!

I hope you're feeling better soon!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, it's bad enough when people drive so recklessly, but with a child in the car is so horrible. And why is not knowing an area an excuse for running a stop light? I've never seen a stop light hidden so well that you can't see it from many yards away. Now, I have seen stop signs that are hidden by trees in the summertime that I didn't see until the last second, but stop signs are usually in areas where the speed limit is around 25-30 MPH.

My sister was hit in a same type of accident many years ago - she was going through an intersection and this guy just went through a red light like a bat out of hell and smashed into her. She hadn't seem him because there was a car next to her in the turn lane. And, the JA didn't have insurance (which is illegal in CO).

I hope you feel better soon!!!