Animals who have passed on...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Also-

Thanks for the replies! It's nice to get different people's input! There's some really good ideas in here!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet where I took Lola to be euthanized did it as a free service and got their cupplies through a company called "Clay Paws". Basically, after the initial dose, they cast the print, and put the clay in a baggie for me and I took it home and tossed it in the oven for 15 minutes and now I have a clay paw of Lola forever

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like an awesome idea.. I would do it... I know people like ot put ashes of their pets in urns,, this is another great options..

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Does anybody know what equals a human fingerprint in a cat? I do not think it is a pawprint. I heard it's the nose that's unique for each cat. If it is, I would like to have a nose print made.
you are right! I am reading "so you think you know cats" and that is one of the facts! Each nose pad, or lines on their noses is different similar to our finger prints....also, one of the biggest signs of trusting for a cat would be rubbing noses, or blinking/closing their eyes....that shows complete contentment & trust (or no fear).

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe you misunderstood what I said?
No, I don't think I misunderstood. I believe I still basically disagree on the manner in which you present the service as far as what is acceptable to me, not necessarily others. First, *LOL* and *hahaha* don't ever enter into my conversation when I refer to people's pets that have passed on. The fact that they're dead and that they're going to be cremated anyway never enters into how I treat an animal, any animal. I had no respect for any technician who chucked animals into the freezer like they were stacking wood. I would never dump an animal into a plastic bag and hand them back to an owner. If I had to climb into a dumpster out back to find a decent box and donate a towel to wrap the body in...so be it. I'm simply saying that I have a very definite opinion on how *I* treat deceased animals. And understand that I'm not saying you do these things, I'm only making a point that it happens and I do not agree with it. Having something to remember the pets that have added so much to you life is important. I just think that people should actually consider what about that pet they really choose to remember, and understand that having a lifeless foot pressed in concrete is not possibly the best or only thing to remember them by.

**shrug** Just my opinion. Peace.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Basically, after the initial dose, they cast the print, and put the clay in a baggie for me and I took it home and tossed it in the oven for 15 minutes and now I have a clay paw of Lola forever
I looked into that and I really like the idea! Buying the kits would be really cost effective too! Thanks!

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just think that people should actually consider what about that pet they really choose to remember, and understand that having a lifeless foot pressed in concrete is not possibly the best or only thing to remember them by
I understand where you're coming from, I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean that I was laughing at a cat being deceased, only laughing that I wasn't explaining things correctly.