Animals that are already spay?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTEPounds lying or not having proper information doesn't surprise me.

][/quote]

Exactly. When we adopted our Sheltie Pepper from the local pound she was 2 y/o and her former owner insisted she had been spayed, but that they had no record of it. How they didn't know who had done the procedure is beyond me. Anyway, the policy at the shelter is that all animals must be neutered, so we had to pay for the surgery only to have the vet agree that she had, indeed, been spayed already.
Of all the female cats we've taken in over the years, only 1 had been spayed. She wasn't a stray, at first---her owner lived a couple of houses away. He had her spayed and let her roam, still sporting some awful looking stitches. After a couple of months he moved and left her behind, so I guess technically she became a stray for a short period of time.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SamhainBorn

When I went to get the last of her shots, I left her for the day, since I had classes that day, and when I got back, the vet had decided to do a "free" spay for me, but discovered she'd already been spayed.
The vet felt really stoopid, and I changed vets shortly after this. Molly took weeks to trust me as she healed.
He did this without your permission!!!!! I would have changed vets too!