Animal Shelter....

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey, I think you found your calling! If you love it this much, you definitely go into animal care. Sound like you are great with them and really understand animals.

I'm not sure what taking care of a deaf and blind animal would entail. You may want to check up on that before you actually adopt him. You have to make sure everyone in the family is willing to do what they need to do to give him a happy and safe life. But bless you for wanting to take him in. Maybe, while you are doing research, your mom could do a payment plan to keep him in the shelter and have the money go towards his shots, neutering, etc? Something to talk about with your boss. Or see if they would allow you to foster him at home and see if you can handle it first. But, he sounds like a real sweetie!

I so admire what you are doing. I honestly have thought about it (volunteering), but I know me, and I would want to bring every single one home, and then DH would be arrested for murder, because he WOULD kill me!
Keep up the good work, and it definitely sounds like you are an asset to the shelter. Give all the kitties and pup extra petting from me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hehe... I plan to work with animals... but I wanna start out in Zoolagy then maybe go into Zebra Care ((I have a thing for Zebras ;D))... I do love cats and dogs.. but not enough to work with them as a career.

I am gonna check up all the info on how to care for a blind a deaf dog first ofcourse... and my briend had a blind and deaf rott a while ago so ill ask her about it too. The shelter im working at doesnt allow fostering... but maybe ill mention the payment plan to my boss.. but we would really like to get him before our vet visits if possible so everything ((all checkups on the animals)) can get done at once.. but idk we'll se.
Oh and my mom was thinking of fostering for a shelter in Ohio.

You know everytime I go there I want to take a dog home... and if the adoption fee wasnt so high... I probably would have

I try to hold myself back as much as possible... lol

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zebras?!? Where are you going to have enough zebras to look after?

Anyway, it's not easy taking care of a blind and deaf dog. It also makes a big difference whether they had any training before they went blind and deaf. Somewhere I saw some good links on caring for special needs dogs like that, if I can find them I'll post them for ya!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2dogmom

Zebras?!? Where are you going to have enough zebras to look after?
I would love to relocate to maybe Africa ((or Australia.. still debating)) when I get finish with collage and stuff... either that or ill move to Taxes, buy a lot of land then start a Zebra Ranch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well he seems well behaved in the cage, tomorrow im gonna se if I can walk him and/or get in the cage with him. Hes not aggressive cuz when I pet his head and he jumped up.. he started sniffing for me so I started petting him more then when I got up to finish my work he started to whine and stick his nose through the bars.
Im looking up sites and stuff and even supplies that could help the dog.