Animal Crossing

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is this similar to Harvest Moon? If so, then I have to go and get it! I think it is a different name here - Animal Crossing: Lets go to the City.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

Thanks to Swamp Witch for being a great hostess and sharing all her goodies with us!

It was also great seeing Going Nova. Everyone is very cute and I had a great time!

Sorry I had to cut it short... I'm going to make another post about that...

Looking forward to seeing you all in the virtual world again soon!
Yea, thank you Swamp Witch, for allowing me to pilfer some fruits! I took two peaches, and I ate one by mistake! I wanted to shake no more than one of each kind of tree, but I shook two apple trees instead. I did get coconuts, and planted those by the beach. Hopefully my town will look a little nicer when people come by. We just got a watering can and our first house upgrades.

BelongsToEvie, I'm sorry you had to go under such difficult circumstances.
I wish the very best for your friend.

...I think your mom is joining our Animal Crossing club... looking forward to meeting her. I will have my gates open whenever I play (unless I'm going to the city or editing designs). I don't have a play schedule yet... depends on how school is going! Classes re-start tomorrow.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have Animal Crossing, but am thinking I really want it. i got our Wii middle of last year and I just got Cake Mania and love that. I really need to figure out how to link to other people though, DH says he know's but we haven't doen it yet!
I will let you guys know if I get animal crossing too! (need there to be a sale somewhere! I'm cheap and poor!)

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was fun seeing you guys! The apples are native in our town (and not worth much) but it is thanks to Meowers that I have peaches!

Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I think it looks great. I will definitely be renting it out because I don't think my partner will want it.
It's the kind of game you play for an hour or two, but you play for a year. I'm not sure renting would work, unless you just want to see if it's fun. By the way... it's fun!

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Is this similar to Harvest Moon? If so, then I have to go and get it! I think it is a different name here - Animal Crossing: Lets go to the City.
You are right, City Folk = Let's Go the the City.

I like this game much more than Harvest Moon, but they are similar in format. HM was too much maintenance, IMO, letting the animals out, feeding the animals, milking the cows, getting the animals in... there are too many things you have to do, just like in real life, lol. In AC, you don't really have to do upkeep, so everything is for fun!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I played AC on the GameCube, DS, and now the Wii so if anybody has questions, post them here and I will try to answer them!

Originally Posted by Going Nova

I will have my gates open whenever I play (unless I'm going to the city or editing designs)...:
Just some more info: there's a lot of stuff you can't do while the gates are open: making snowmen, visiting the city (like you said), and any special characters visiting the city disappear when the gates are open (and reappear when they are closed).

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am compiling a list for TCS members who want to play Animal Crossing City Folk / Let's Go to the City.

I will take the list to email - I believe this will work best. If one of us wants to host or visit, we can send the group an email and whoever is available can get on to play.

If you want to join in, PM me with this info:

your email address
your AC friend code
your AC name
your AC town name

your TCS username will be included on the list so we know you

Be advised that the above info will go to everyone on the list.

(There are stories of people going to a town, then robbing the place and chopping down all the trees!
I can't imagine a TCS member doing that, but it's always possible to get a troll.

IF that should happen, and someone comes to your town and goes out of control, turn off the Wii. You will get a lecture when you go back on, but it will not save the damage. Unfortunately, if will also not save anything you did that time playing. Then take that person off of your friend list and let the rest of us know.

Another option to avoid this is to edit your friend list to include only people you know from TCS. This is a very rare problem, but IF it should happen you know what to do.)

The advantages of visiting another town including possibly higher turnip prices, different items at Nook's, different clothes at Able Sisters, and selling your native fruit (if different) for 500 bells!

FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a look in EB Games today - it is 129 here, too much for me right now so I will wait til there is a sale....

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby is picking on me now too, saying I should have let him buy it when it was on sale around christmas! But I didn't know that I wanted it then!! It just sounds so much fun and especially since you can play with people you know!
Darn me!!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every day in your town, there is a rock that will give you lots of bells when you hit it with your shovel. Try to keep hitting it as fast (as as accurately) as you can. The rock changes from day to day. If you have a golden shovel, the amount of bells from the rock will double!

To get a golden shovel, you will need two regular shovels from Nook's. Bury one for three days and when you dig it up, it will be a golden shovel.

Watch here for more tips, and don't forget to PM me with your email and friend info if you want to be on the playing list!

Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Hubby is picking on me now too, saying I should have let him buy it when it was on sale around christmas! But I didn't know that I wanted it then!! It just sounds so much fun and especially since you can play with people you know!
Darn me!!
Ask him if he wants you to be the kind of wife who complains that her husband spends too much time playing video games, or the kind of wife who wants to play, too.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To add to the tips: Everyday you can shake every tree in your town, the ones that don't have fruit; and you will get bells(which is your spending money in the game) you can make a few thousand!!! And 2 trees a day have furniture, a leaf floats down and you can open the furniture in your house or sell it. You will get stung by bees at some point, but you will be fine, you can go to your attic to sleep and when you come back on you will be fine or you can buy MEDS at Nook's

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh my gosh! This sounds so neat!! I'll never have a Wii though, but it is cool hearing about what you can do!!

starjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A couple of other tips. When you go to the City Hall, there is a recycle bin on the right; and also at the Gate, if you talk to the gate keeper on the left, you can ask him for any lost and found items. Take out whatever is in the recycle bin and take what ever is in lost and found. These items can than be sold at Nooks or you can mail to others and increase your friendship with them!

Enjoy!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We shipped my Wii out yesterday.
It left the Ups in Ceres at 10:50 last night and is going to Washington State.
I can not wait to play Animal Crossing.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg ac is brilliant!!

i have the gamecube version, ds version and the wii version, it is my favourite game lol

omg if you don't have it you don't know what you're missing!!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so addicted to it on my DS now. I am thinking about getting it on the Wii. I think I still have some birthday money leftover!

starjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had any luck with coconuts??? I've killed 4 so far!

BelongstoEvie said she's gotten spiders off the pine trees. I think I have blisters on my hands for all my shaking and still no spiders

I did manage to get 1 centipede though!

Any other good bugs out there?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have coconuts. You plant them by the ocean and you have to plant them where another tree was, so you have to knock a tree down. I have pears, coconuts, apples, peaches and cherries.

starjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have no trees by the ocean right now. Does that mean I have to plant a tree and after it is mature, cut it down??? Then plant the coconut where that tree was?

Does it matter what tree you cut down? Oak tree, pine tree, or some fruit tree?

I've never cut down a tree. When you do that, do you have a stump or do you cut it all the way to the ground? If you cut it down to the ground is that right where you plant the coconut?

Wow, how great that you have all the fruit trees! My native fruit is oranges, and I also have cherries, apples and peaches!

Thanks for the coconut info, I'll plant the tree now and be ready when I get my next coconut!