Animal communicator

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could afford her fees, because I would love to ask her or someone like her about Pixel.
I enjoy reading about things like this, though. I have always believed that there are people who are sensitive to animals, to thoughts and feelings of humans, who were able to speak to spirits, etc. I am glad that you had a good experience.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

And in the meantime, I’ll try to honor my cats’ requests: Rocket wants a tree in the house (I hope he’ll settle for a new cat tree) and Twinkie wants to go outside more often. It was good to find they both want to keep living here, and now let’s see if they understand what they need to do, or not to do, so they can do that.
Cats love climbing cat trees, all of mine would love a new tree as well. And they probably all want out more often as well. Any person who pays for an animal communicator probably keeps their cat indoors most of the time...

A couple other things she had Twinkie saying that there's no way she could have known: Twinkie said that I'm often thinking "about other places" but that I "never go away".
I'm betting most people are thinking about other places but not going at the moment due to high fuel prices, beginnings of a recession etc...

Twinkie said that his mouth was bothering him. Lately I've noticed it seems uncomfortable for him to have his teeth brushed and a week or so ago found a little pink on the toothbrush, so I brought him in to have the vet tech look at his teeth and she said he definitely needed a tooth cleaning. No way she could have known either.
I also bet most cats have at least some plaque. And if you wrote down every thing she said, I bet you would have plenty of things that are inaccurate.

I'm a major skeptic, but in saying that, I would love to have a chat with a communicator and see what they say

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

And if you wrote down every thing she said, I bet you would have plenty of things that are inaccurate.
She's sending me a tape of the session. I really don't think she'd offer that if she knew people would play back the tape looking for inaccuracies. And a comment about the supposed inaccuracies: remember that she's just relaying back what a cat is thinking and saying, and I don't suppose their view of space and time is the same as ours. For example, what I learned is that a cat doesn't think of indoors and outdoors as two separate spaces, and of being one or the other. What he does conceive of is being in a place where he can see places he wants to go but he can't get to because there are walls in the way. Ya sure, she's had years to develop her technique, but it comes across as being so genuine.

Any person who pays for an animal communicator probably keeps their cat indoors most of the time...
Most people in this country keep their cats indoors, so naturally that follows and doesn't mean anything significant. FYI, my cat Rocket is an outdoor cat.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's so hard to trust these days - there are so many con artists out there. Having said that, I do believe some folks have a connection that most of us lack.

I also believe our animals understand what we say to them. My hubby honestly believes that Bijou knows what he says to him. With his recent issues with the abscess and the drain tube, I have to say that I think he understands too. The vet told us to keep an e-collar on him so he wouldn't lick or bite at the wound or tube. He hated it so shortly after we got home from the vet I took it off and told Bijou I would leave it off if he would leave the tube alone. He didn't listen very well so I cut the legs off some pantyhose and made a casing that I put around his middle. He had that rolled all up in a matter of minutes. So I took it off. For the most part he listened and was very good about not licking/chewing.

Since his abscess he is not being allowed outside. Last evening my husband was going in and out to the deck to work on refinishing a guitar and Bijou was hanging around the door wanting to go out. My hubby gently told Bijou he couldn't go out and Bijou went over and sat on the other side of the opening door and just looked outside and watched hubby. Did he understand my hubby? I don't know but he sure seemed to listen.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tim, I'm pretty much a skeptic, especially regarding someone who said they could communite with cats over the phone. It would be hard for me to believe that someone who didn't know my cats could understand them better than I could - even in person. I think it is likely that she gleans information from you and makes assumptions based on that information.

That being said, she told you some things that you believe are true and YOU certianly know your cats.

I think that the fact that you would hire an animal communicator tells me more about you than the communicator can tell you about your cats. It tells me that you love your cats so much and have so much interest in their thoughts and feelings that you would hire someone to help you find out more about them. THAT is admirable!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, now, you give me WAY too much credit as a nice guy!! Rocket is spraying and Twinkie is scratching the carpet, and I've done and tried everything, and I do mean everything, short of doing this. Yes, I want to understand why they're doing that because I want to understand my cats, but there's a fair amount of self-interest involved. I'm not an entirely altruistic person.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh, now, you give me WAY too much credit as a nice guy!! Rocket is spraying and Twinkie is scratching the carpet, and I've done and tried everything, and I do mean everything, short of doing this. Yes, I want to understand why they're doing that because I want to understand my cats, but there's a fair amount of self-interest involved. I'm not an entirely altruistic person.
LOL! I can't blame you there!
You know what's funny? Tripod (who only has 2 claws on his only front paw-born that way) does a lot more damage than Oliver. We had to replace our LR carpet because Tripod detached it from the transition strip, shredding the edge, and dug the pad out from under it.

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today was my appointment with Asia Voight, the animal communicator. Before the appointment, I was skeptical, and after the appointment, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m still skeptical, but my experience was interesting and has certainly left me wondering, and perhaps my doubts shifted part way from the communicator to my own skepticism. I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have any doubts that some people have unusual abilities to communicate with animals -- sense what theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re feeling, understand what they want. And it stands to reason that animals would also be able to understand the communications of such a person as well. So as far as someone being able to “talk with†animals, I can buy that.

But Asia does her work over the telephone. A client sends her pictures of the animals they want to communicate with. As I understand it, Asia studies the pictures of the animals and then “calls†their spirit in a kind of telepathy (I guess) and when that animal responds to her calling, she can communicate. She does so in a kind of simple way, mostly by way of mental pictures; the words are for the benefit of the human client.

While I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t understand how she can communicate with an animal a hundred miles away with only a picture, and never having ever met that animal, there were things that were said that Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m at a loss to explain. I purposely didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t give her any information about either the cats or myself, either in my emails or over the telephone. Yet, she had my cats telling me things that only they would know, because that information isnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t out there for Asia herself to discover and put in the mouths of my cats.

For example, when she started, Twinkie was the first cat to come forward and the first thing he said was that we didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have many visitors here and he wondered why because he wanted to have some visitors. Now, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m a notable loner, with no close friends and my family living out-of-state, so I seldom have people over, even counting the occasional HVAC service techs or whatever. And thereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s no way she could have known that from any information that I gave her, or any information that she could have come up with a casual research on the internet.

Another thing is that the way the cats talked, and what they talked about, pinpointed their personalities to a tee. How could she know what my cats are like? I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t even have them figured out and Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve lived with them for several years. So I have two working hypotheses: the first is that she is who she claims to be and does what she claims to do, which certainly raises some intriguing questions about how we view animals. The second is that sheâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a very, very clever, talented, experienced and perceptive fraud who is very good at sensing what things the client will find believable. After having done this for ten years I suppose you learn people fit certain patterns whereby it doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t take much information to figure out what to say. Frankly, I think the second hypothesis is as much of a stretch as the first.

The interesting thing is that through the conversation with the cats, she got in some very, very good feline behavioral advice, and I think that even if the client doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t believe she talked to his animals, he still comes away with something positive from the experience, something that will be useful for the animals if the advice is carried through.

As far as what I wanted to communicate to Twinkie and Rocket, well, time will tell whether or not they heard me, through Asia. And in the meantime, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll try to honor my catsâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] requests: Rocket wants a tree in the house (I hope heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll settle for a new cat tree) and Twinkie wants to go outside more often. It was good to find they both want to keep living here, and now letâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s see if they understand what they need to do, or not to do, so they can do that.
Was search on ACs & just read your post.  I have been working with Asia Voight for 19 years.  I stopped a few years ago because she got so expensive & am very sorry that I did.  Now I am back to using her & much happier.  She is amazing! Don't know whether you are still on the site but wanted to pass this on.