Angry/Mean Cat

heddafish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree also with the comment about socializing, My Morty was rescued from a hoarder house and I believe he was just not socialized right as a kitten and that is why he is aggressive. He is very affectionate, but very agressive too.
About your boyfriend's frustrations, my mom had a cat Puffy when she was dating my dad and when ever he even came near the cat she would throw the biggest hissy fit. Her tail would get big and her hair would stand up growling, swatting, and hissing. They never figured out why. Guess it was just in her nature. And my dad is a great guy so it wasn't her sensing a bad vibe. I guess if she is not seeking out to torture him, he should just pursue a relationship on her terms. It'll be okay.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

msktty89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I guess I thought the colouring tortie and a specific breed were linked. But no, either way, she's an orangish colour with white.

She seems to be improving, honestly. She still fusses at the kids (the two younger cats), mainly because 1337 likes to try and play with her and chases her (which he's learning not to), but she's better since I've told my boyfriend to be more patient with her. Maybe there's hope yet... Although she's still really touchy.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Pandi was the same way! All of my friends were terrified of her. She was the attack/ watch cat of the house! Try to notice the signals she gives before hand, ears cocked back slightly, tail movement, over all physical attitude. It's all a test, she will see how far she can go, so you want to figure out the neutral ground. If she gets to physical, definitely yell at her, so she runs off, she will be back!