Angry and need advice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys! I doubt they will read it till Monday, so I will have to see if they reply.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I HATE EBAY! Of 10 or 12 auctions I have won, only 2 have gone smoothly as far as getting my items. I got some body jewelry to sell and it was so crappy, I cant't even give it away. It seems like people are putting their crap on eBay instead of having yard sales. The last auction I won, it took me a month to get my items, and the seller lived in my town. I will NEVER use eBay again!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well everything else I have bid on and won has gone smoothly...so I guess I have been lucky.

I got a baby swing, baby bathtub, baby playpen w/bassinet, just to name a few of the things.

But this changer is a whole other story.

elisabeth provo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
,Hi Debby
If I were you Id consult a lawyer and let him write to that dubious company. That usually helps and might make them reconsider.I believe that´s the only thing left at the moment.Give it a thought.I`ve been thinking of you a lot and wait for your report on a good and quick delivery.So all the best and hope to hear from you soonlove elisabeth

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krazy Kat - I think how smoothly eBay goes depends on what type of item is being bought/sold. I have been selling on eBay now since March to supplement my family's income. It's a great way for me to have some money of my own. I've definitely found that I have MUCH better luck with collectables/antiques than I do with books, videos, DVDs etc. I think it's a difference in the target audience that does it. I've pretty much sworn off listing videos and DVDs just because the buyers seem so flaky. I have never had a problem with buying anything on eBay. Then again, I strictly buy collectibles, antiques, and shipping supplies.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with you, Dawn. Having bought and sold collectible Barbies and Star Wars, I have not had any problems with buyers or sellers. Hubby is selling computer stuff on Ebay now as his job, and so far we haven't had any problems. I wouldn't hesitate to buy or sell more collectibles or computer stuff where you have model numbers, but if something can be faked out, like the quality of jewelry, it probably will be. There are a lot of scumbags out there more than happy to take advantage of people, especially if they can't see them. There are also a lot of really good people who are trying to do things honestly. It is a leap of faith to buy things on Ebay, though. I'll definitely give you that.

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had a problem buying stuff either.... hubby has sold & bought stuff and has never had a problem, either. But, there are a lot of people out to take your money.
Debby, did they email you back yet?

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I received another e-mail from them just today, stating that they were trying to get the changer to me as soon as possible, but they are just having major problems with the shipping people and the manufacturer. They seem quite nice about it, I am willing to give it a little more time...I guess I am just a sucker.