anger of the backpack variety...

fatkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bumpy

You could "chop up" your books by removing the binding. Holes are then punched and the relevant chapters are brought to school. You can then attach your own notes to those relevant chapters which make revision easier.

OR
Alternatively, with the aid of todays technology, you could scan the pages into your computer and convert it to PDF to save space if necessary then just bring the laptop to school.
You can't do that with high school books, they are returned and used again the followign year, and you'd have to pay for the books if you damaged them in any way. And these days, if you scan your books, they'd probably go after you for copyright infringement :-(

A friend of mine teaches in a school where the kids use laptops, although I don't know if thier books are on them, and the problem they have is the school doesn't want to pay for new batteries, and they don't have enough power cords for all of the laptops. So she either has to buy cords out of her own pocket, or alternate cords, plugging someone in just as they are about to lose power. Sad :-(

Amber

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is something that the parents need to fight for the kids for. I know that when I was a kid nothing the students would say made a difference but if enough parents complained then something was done. My mother rarely complained but when she did I saw immediate results. It's redicilous the things they expect from kids these days.

It makes me wonder greatly about allowing my kids to go to school at all, although I don't know how I would be able to afford homeschooling them when I have them. Between the weight they have to carry and all the homework that gets assigned it's getting to be a little more than any child can handle.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GrayKittenLove

This is something that the parents need to fight for the kids for. I know that when I was a kid nothing the students would say made a difference but if enough parents complained then something was done. My mother rarely complained but when she did I saw immediate results. It's redicilous the things they expect from kids these days.

It makes me wonder greatly about allowing my kids to go to school at all, although I don't know how I would be able to afford homeschooling them when I have them. Between the weight they have to carry and all the homework that gets assigned it's getting to be a little more than any child can handle.
And don't forget all the extra-curricular activities required to look good on the college applications!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
wow, i dont know how i missed all the posts here!

luckly i may be able to work out a thing with one of my teachers too keep tyhe book in the class, because my mom complained today...well see well see

sorry for the short post and stuff....days been long