Angel talks back to me when I tell her NO

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ling Ling has siamese in the background and she's a brat at times. She ALWAYS talks back (good or bad). I know she's probably mouthing off or denying what she did....lol

BTW torties do have an attitude! I've had several and they all had that "better then thou" type of attitude. Even my odd-eye white rex female (who was "tortie" under the white) - she had that attitude!

Funny, but bluecreams are less "attitude" compared to torties - maybe the dilute color, dilutes the attitude?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Funny, but bluecreams are less "attitude" compared to torties - maybe the dilute color, dilutes the attitude?
Much is dilute tortie and she isn't in-your-face the way Lucy is. Rather, she is determined in a quiet way (like when she decided she was going to be held this morning
) So maybe the attitude can be diluted.

nakoruru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pouncer is not a very verbal cat- she only talks at mealtimes or if we're heading to the kitchen. :eyeroll: or if i catch her in the acting of doing something naughty- like pulling things out of the trashcan! if i catch her at it, she usually backs off right away and gives this rumbling noise, as if she was saying "look! i'm not doing anything! really!" and when i tell her to get off the counter, she gives me a look and a noise that pretty much means "i'm just looking, chill out!"

she yowls the whole time when we prepare her meals. in english it would probably sound like, "WAAAAAAAAAAH YOOOOOOOOU TAKE TOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOONG I WAAAAAAAANT MY FOOOOOOOOOOD! FOOOOOOOOOD! NOOOOOOOW!!! FOOOOOOOOD!!!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well Angel tried a new trick the other night, she sneeks out all the time when Yvonne lets the dog out or in.
Two nights ago she got out again and she won't come in for Yvonne but if I go out she will come back in with me or lay down and let me pick her up and bring her in.
I put her down in the back room and told her in my stern voice she was naughty looking her right in the eyes pointing my finger at her. Instead of talking back this time she got these big sad eyes and was licking and rubbing her head on my hand. She has never done this before when I tell her she was naughty. She caught my so off guard I had to laugh and pick her up ang give her a hug. I am beginning to think she runs outside because she knows I will be the one to go out after her.
She has always been my little buddy because I protect her from the other cats if they gang up on her even though she almost always starts the fight

But since Tuffy has been here I think she feels left out, she just hates Tuffy and goes out of her way to be a pest to him. I have seen Angel get this angry look on her face if I pick up Tuffy instead of her.

Can she really be jealous of the attention I give Tuffy? She gets alot of attention from the other people in the house but Tuffy only lets me hold him or pet him that I know of.

I have always said that Angel is to smart and learns very fast how to push my buttons.

bodhi utah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Beetle is a backchatter, too! I make a "cah!" noice at him (like a short feline spit sound) and he stops what he's doing / about to do and chatters at me and acts like he knows he's naughty.