Angel goes to be spayed tomorrow

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so pleased it's over with and she's ok!

Sophie was terrible with her stitches!. She actually managed to get her collar off and bit a stitch out when l was at work!. I took her straight to the vet,  but because it had been taken out 4 days after surgery the nurse said she was healiing ok so it didn't need an other stitch, plus she had stitches inside which dissolved. She had to have her cone tied  a bit tighter after that though 

She managed to get the collar off this morning, I have left it off while she eats and will just keep an eye on her and have to tell her off if she picks at them. I ahve a problem as Smartie is petrified of her with the collar on and I mean petrified, she won't come downstairs and every time she sees her she growls and runs away.x

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would tie it a little tighter, but slack enough to get two fingers comfortably under.

Is the collar very long in length, because l had to trim Sophie's down to look like this...

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its now been off for 4 hours and *touch wood* she isn't picking at them too much and when she does try I clap my hands and she stops. Smartie has finally come down now the cat shaped cone head alien has gone
 I am just a bit concerned as she is playing like mad with her mice like she normally does, will she stop if its too much for her? worried about her hurting herself.x

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never stopped either of my female cats playing after spaying, and they never came to any harm.  Since you are in the UK I assume it's a flank spay, which means the muscle fibres have been parted not cut hence she is up to playing so soon afterwards.  There is also very little healing to do - her skin, and a little bit.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never stopped either of my female cats playing after spaying, and they never came to any harm.  Since you are in the UK I assume it's a flank spay, which means the muscle fibres have been parted not cut hence she is up to playing so soon afterwards.  There is also very little healing to do - her skin, and a little bit.
Phew, thanks for that, I feel a bit better now. Yeah the incision is on her side, it looks awful when she crouches down because then the incision is right where her hip bone is, you would think it'd be painful. Gosh if it were a human we would probably be in bed, cats are amazing and I can't take her mousy off her she loves it, even took one of them to the vets with her in the basket.x

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats don't know they are meant to fill poorly after an operation - we do!  I'm sure she will be fine, and hopefully you won't have to use the cone much longer.  BTW how long is her incision?  Minnie's was about 1cm!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats don't know they are meant to fill poorly after an operation - we do!  I'm sure she will be fine, and hopefully you won't have to use the cone much longer.  BTW how long is her incision?  Minnie's was about 1cm!
Yeah, ours had a long incision on the abdomen. We never used a cone, just kept an eye on them to make sure they weren't picking at the stitches or licking the incision. And we didn't stop them playing either. :lol3: The only way to do that would have been to put them in a crate, and we just felt it was too much - if they felt well enough to play.... Thankfully, no harm came to them! Just keep an eye on the site. :hugs: :rub: :vibes: