Anesthesia Jitters

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today she seems to be fine. She takes her meds very well. She is not running around and playing as usual. Lily is a very busy cat when she is herself. Last night the little thing was plain tuckered out. But today, other than being a bit subdued, she seems fine.

She is eating A LOT! Lily is one of my best eaters anyway. She is getting 3 meals of canned food a day, behind a closed door. She eats her meal, then comes out and eats any canned food anyone else left, if she can. And she eats dry, too. I can't not feed the others dry. Two of them only eat canned food when they are rather hungry. I would just have a house full of unhappy cats if I tried to feed them all just canned, for every meal. I'm thinking that if it hurts Lily to eat the dry food, she won't?

But there are no signs that Lily's mouth isn't healing well. She is sitting by the computer now and purring. She just ate a meal that was big enough for two cats her size (7 lbs, 10 oz.) and she is looking a little spaced out (meds given about an hour ago).

Oh, and earlier tonight she turned off the computer while I was using it. That's normal behavior for her. She doesn't approve of the computer.

Robin

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am glad she is doing well. I have never been told to feed only wet food after a dental, and one of my bridge babes had a dental, I went and got him some nice pate food, and he went straight to my other cats dry food bowl - that was within hours of having a dental and he was fine.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to see that all is fine with your kitty. My Buddy had 3 teeth removed a couple of week ago also.

They cause us so much worry, but they cause us so much love too!!