and then there was 3 :(

tinkerbell1314

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I had four 2 week old kittens that i had been rasing since birth. and one of them dies today! I co-worker/friend of mine asked if she could take them for the night (lst night) so that her kids could see them and such. Iwas stupid and said sure! What was I thinking? i shouldn't have let her.

When I called her this after noon to see how they were doing she said that 3 of the four were doing great! they had drank all 4 bottles that i had sent her with and they were pooing and peeing fine too. What about Dolly i ask and she said that she had died!

Dolly was my favorite! she was so cute. but she was not looking that good yesterday and she didn't eat much so i guess i should have known that something was wrong.

I work at a vet clinic thought so my firend was going to get one of the vets to look at her but by the time she got there Dolly was already gone
I guess she was really dehydrated though, thats was did her in.

--Tink--
ps: make sure your kittens stay hydrated!!

God bless you little Dolly.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
don't beat yourself up, God has a plan. I know you did't do anything that would compromise your baby. Hugs & love coming your way.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1314

I had four 2 week old kittens that i had been rasing since birth. and one of them dies today! I co-worker/friend of mine asked if she could take them for the night (lst night) so that her kids could see them and such. Iwas stupid and said sure! What was I thinking? i shouldn't have let her.

When I called her this after noon to see how they were doing she said that 3 of the four were doing great! they had drank all 4 bottles that i had sent her with and they were pooing and peeing fine too. What about Dolly i ask and she said that she had died!

Dolly was my favorite! she was so cute. but she was not looking that good yesterday and she didn't eat much so i guess i should have known that something was wrong.

I work at a vet clinic thought so my firend was going to get one of the vets to look at her but by the time she got there Dolly was already gone
I guess she was really dehydrated though, thats was did her in.

--Tink--
ps: make sure your kittens stay hydrated!!

God bless you little Dolly.
Don't blame yourself.....sometimes kittens pass and there is no one to blame.

Hug.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tinkerbell1314

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i just hope that she didn't suffer. i mean i didn't know that they could dehydrate so fast! on tuesday she was fine! she was eating and going to the washroom fine too.

thanks for all the support

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took 6 week old kittens to work to show off. When I posted it here I was told that until the kittens have their shots, they should stay home to protect them from catching anything.

It doesn't sound like that is what happened to Dolly, though. It does sound like she was already having trouble...but for others like Tink and me, who think it is ok to take babies out visiting...just keep them home!

Deepest condolences on her loss. I think when you bottle feed kittens you get even closer to them...I am sorry little Dolly didn't make it!

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry this happend
I know what you mean about going fast. Seems like a hour to hour battle with the litte ones. RJ

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i am so sorry for your loss. i cant imagine what you are going thru. good luck with the other little ones.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you lost your little Dolly, she will be forever young over the bridge. R.I.P. sweet little one.
and as others have said don't beat yourself up, very young kittens often don't make it for whatever reason. I don't think it was anything you did or didn't do.