And the fur was FLYING!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I would suggest buying some soft claws to put on Penny.

(by the way, she is sooooooooooo darn gorgeous!!!!
)
Thank you.

Will you please come over and attempt to hold her for me so I can put the soft claws on her?

Seriously, like I said, if I could hold onto her to apply the soft claws, she'd already have trimmed nails.

My problem is simply lack of arms - I need at least two more, then trimming her nails would be easy as pie.
She's just WAY too strong for me to hold still with one arm.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Send Penny over to me and DH and I will trim her claws, soft claw her and MAYBE send her back

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Thank you.

Will you please come over and attempt to hold her for me so I can put the soft claws on her?

Seriously, like I said, if I could hold onto her to apply the soft claws, she'd already have trimmed nails.

My problem is simply lack of arms - I need at least two more, then trimming her nails would be easy as pie.
She's just WAY too strong for me to hold still with one arm.
take her to your vet and let them put them on her
usually they will only charge around $5 to trim them and will put the soft claws on for free.
not a bad deal if it saves your arm and keeps her from hurting the other kitties.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betsy,

I'm pretty sure you're right on track about the impending move setting the cats off. They are very intuitive creatures and they sense your stress level and are reacted to it along with the changes in their environment.

Things will iron out in short order, once you're settled again in your new place.
There may or may not be a hierarchy shift. Penny may assert herself as Alpha in a totally new environment. The good thing is, that all your cats know each other already, so I would just let them sort it out for themselves, so long as there is no major bloodshed.

I know Penny can be difficult about having her nails trimmed. Your best recourse is probably the Vet, since you're having trouble finding a suitable partner to assist.

I know what's it's like to move with cats....not fun! We moved from Hawaii to N.C. less than 3 years ago, with all our bengals. I don't want to repeat that anytime soon............meaning .......ever.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Betsy,

I'm pretty sure you're right on track about the impending move setting the cats off. They are very intuitive creatures and they sense your stress level and are reacted to it along with the changes in their environment.

Things will iron out in short order, once you're settled again in your new place.
There may or may not be a hierarchy shift. Penny may assert herself as Alpha in a totally new environment. The good thing is, that all your cats know each other already, so I would just let them sort it out for themselves, so long as there is no major bloodshed.

I know Penny can be difficult about having her nails trimmed. Your best recourse is probably the Vet, since you're having trouble finding a suitable partner to assist.

I know what's it's like to move with cats....not fun! We moved from Hawaii to N.C. less than 3 years ago, with all our bengals. I don't want to repeat that anytime soon............meaning .......ever.
You know, although they've been anxious and combatting a bit, there has been no serious bloodshed, and they are cats, after all.
Penny may try to take Alpha and Ginger may even let her, as long as Penny leaves her to herself. I think Ferris will have the hardest time as he may feel that he has lost his home territory. He'll be frightened for a while.

But who knows - they three will sort it out, and they will be happy to find a brand new, just for them, floor-to-ceiling cat tree with 4 perches and sisal on it. And the entire "pantry" section that sticks like a box off of the back end of my kitchen has no shelving and therefore will fit perfectly the fridge-sized cat condo. There's a place in there as well for the water fountain and it will literally become the "Cat Corner," loaded with toys. I got "The Tiger Toy" in the mail today.

So I'm doing the best I can not to add to their stress levels - I've made arrangements with a friend who is going to help me get almost all of my bedroom moved and set up the day BEFORE the big move. I'll sleep on just my mattress that night, that way I can get the cats over and contained in my new bedroom very first thing, with food, water and litter, plus cat beds and toys, so they'll have their own things around them.

This will be difficult, but not too much so. As long as my roomie doesn't decide to "help" by vacuuming all the rugs on moving day, it should go ok with them settling in.

I'm setting up two Feliway diffusers over there next weekend. I wanted to do it 2 weeks in advance, but there isn't enough done yet with the rewiring/repainting work over there.