And now Suzy is gone....

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
About 5 weeks ago I put on here how my wife Deb had to take her mother to have one of her two cats put down, Ivy. Then on December 12th we put one of ours down, Slim, which I also posted on here. Then I talked about how the other week we were at the ER vet with her other cat Suzy until 2:20 in the morning, they didn't put her down but tried yet another round of antibiotics as she had been sneezing blood and pooping blood, but she seemed to rebound for a bit only to today have Deb text me at work that her mom said Suzy was crying all night, couldn't settle, and was pooping blood again and sneezing blood, so they went to her vet and they said she must have a tumor and most likely more going wrong with her so they put her down. So poor Deb who said "I feel like Mrs. Executioner" has witnessed 3 cats being put down in about 5 weeks, I feel so bad for her and of course her mom. She said they gave Suzy the anesthesia shot then the shot to put her down and she said she didn't pass right away like all of the others did, she wasn't jumping around or anything but she held on a bit longer but then passed away.

We were just with her on Christmas day and she seemed okay, but as we know cats can really hide their pain and problems. I usually sat on a little sofa with her, watching tv but always fell asleep over there, so I told Deb to pet her sweet little head and tell her that I'll sit on the sofa and sleep with her when I see her again; so I have that promise to keep as well as playing string toys with Slim, and I'll keep both of them...

And this all comes the day before when Deb's dad died 4 years ago, 12/29, so her poor mother is a mess, so so sad. But I told her Suzy and Ivy and Mollie are all with Pop now, and Deb said "Pop has his three girls together again" which is of some comfort.

"SEE YOU IN THE NEXT LIFE SUZY, SAVE ME A SEAT ON THE SOFA..." :rbheart: :angel: :hugs:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you......words cannot convey the comfort you need right now, but know you will all be in my thoughts and prayers. What a sad time for all! As you said, they are all together in heaven now, all three snuggling on Pop's lap. RIP dear Suzy. You will always be remembered, you will always have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
And we can also add to this the loss of Garfield, the cat I posted about here that I helped get for a woman about 2.5 years ago, he passed about a week after Ivy was put down and about 5 days before we had to put Slim down.

It's terrible anytime, but around the Holidays makes it feel even worse...

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many losses in such a short time, it's devastating and would kill the strongest of men.
les26 les26 , you know I can understand you and Deb well. I had to say goodbye to so many cats in a few weeks. They weren't home cats, they were former feral cats, from my colony or cats that I had rescued and now residents at the local shelter, but I loved them as if they were my lap cats.

I am sure we will see them again, we'll be with them one day, on our lap, or next to us on the sofa, but when it is, it'll be forever.
Take care my friend!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Suzy, dream you deep. You pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Yes, they are with Pop, safe and sound, until, in the fullness of time, you rejoin them. But their love for you, now translated and purified into Love, they ALL, including Suzy, send back to walk with you down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
les26 les26 I think it was you that I heard this from and never forgot it - "their last breath on earth is their first breath in heaven." :rbheart:
Suzy is at peace, free of pain, keeping your father-in-law and the other cats company now. Thinking of Deb's mom, your wife and you at this very difficult time. RIP sweet angel, Suzy. :angel:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
les26 les26 I think it was you that I heard this from and never forgot it - "their last breath on earth is their first breath in heaven." :rbheart:
Suzy is at peace, free of pain, keeping your father-in-law and the other cats company now. Thinking of Deb's mom, your wife and you at this very difficult time. RIP sweet angel, Suzy. :angel:
Yes, a woman that I used to work with told me that lovely saying years ago. We said it to our Slim right before he passed, but I'm sure he already knew it...:rbheart:

Her mom is now dealing with the grief like we all do, wondering if she did the right thing, wondering if she should've waited, saying that Suzy still looked good, etc., but we all knew it was the right thing to do, she was bleeding from several places, she was so light in weight, it was the right thing to do, but you know how grief can take ahold of you and play mind games. But with time she'll come to realize it WAS the right and only thing to do...:alright: