And let the Vacation begin......

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Quick hello everyone. Two things to say: [1] Ashley, thanks for having us -- it was a blast! [2] Looking forward to this flight -- with Captain Saba at the controls. I like the sound of this airline. But I've used this window of time catching up, and now I'm off to make a Valentine's dinner. See you all in a couple of hours. Fly safe!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Captain Saba says there's nothing prettier than flying over the northern Rockies in the winter!! so folks if you look out the windows of the aircraft, (between margaritas Pitufo!), here's a glimpse of the northern Rocky Mountains, the largest mountain chain in North America:

The great Columbia River Gorge, separating Idaho and Washington:

And as we wing our way to Seattle, here are Mt. Adams and Mt. Rainier

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
z-z-z-z-z- Huh? Are we there, yet?

I am so tired from packing. Jasper tried to take some hotel towels - again...

Ooh, purple mountains majesty...

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So we are going to bed now and we'll awake for our arrival into Seattle early tomorrow morning. Enjoy the prettiest winter scenery, and a treat: the Northern Lights which can be seen on many winter evenings from aircraft up north.
Final approach into Seattle is really, really cool, so prepare for new sights and activities tomorrow in and around Seattle! Goodnight all!

altitude here is about 14,000 ft. We'll pull back up to 37,000 to finish our flight though!

The Northern Lights

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes the northern lights can be seen down here - but I've always missed them.

Let's get our pillows and blankets, Baby Boy. Give meowmy a kiss goodnight.

See you in the morning!

Jasper, take off your ski boots.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The nothern lights are just beautiful. Aw man....I hate falling asleep on planes. I always wake up in pain.

At least my kitties are here.

*layes out a big blanket and three pillows*

Night guys! See you in the mourning.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ash_bct

I am really glad you all came to visit me! I really wish I could have spent more time with you though. I hope you all enjoyed Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada, and remember that ALL of you are welcome if you ever make your way over here
Please have fun with the dinosaurs on your last day here, I will see you all later!
awwwww Ash we had a wonderful time in Medicine Hat!! thankyou for a being a wonderful host even with the hassle of having to work

cant wait to visit in reality and go camping at that giant tepee

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
just caught up and wow Ashley - loved the dinosaurs and the museum

thankyou Baker for getting us to the airport safely
your such a good boy!!

and hello sweet Saba - your flying the jet!! wow!!
how beautiful to the northern Rockies look as we are flying over them - and the northern lights....

now Eddie said something about it being kinda warm where she is - how can that be possible when we are still needing snow clothes?

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

awwwww Ash we had a wonderful time in Medicine Hat!! thankyou for a being a wonderful host even with the hassle of having to work

cant wait to visit in reality and go camping at that giant tepee
Thank you Dan!

I can't wait either

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

your such a good boy!!

how beautiful to the northern Rockies look as we are flying over them - and the northern lights....

now Eddie said something about it being kinda warm where she is - how can that be possible when we are still needing snow clothes?
In Seattle it is just a bit warmer than here! About 8C
Remember that is very nice for us at this time of the year

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

your such a good boy!!

OOOOOO, that's our Eddie! All we have to figure out is what she's got up her sleeve -- of course, she's enough of a tease, that's exactly what she wants us to be wondering about just now.

Thanks for the mountains, Elizabeth!! God, I can't get enough of mountains!! And thanks for the Northern Lights -- there's enough urban light here that we just don't see them

Danielle -- I'm sure she's going to give us both extremes.
But I won't try to second guess her -- this is her segment!
I'll wait for the surprises with everyone else -- you understand, we live about 3 hours drive apart, but as she observed the other day it's really interesting when you know something about the area you are visiting to wait and see what will be presented!
)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, people -- i'd like to stay around a while longer, but I'm fading fast. Better hie me off to my downy couch -- see ya tomorrow! At some point the bar on this plane will open -- try not to drain it, OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.