And let the Vacation begin......

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vancouver. Looks like we’re finished with breakfast, so let's head for the Skytrain...

...because we are going SHOPPPPPPING at Metropolis at Metrotown

http://metropolis.shopping.ca/cambri...jsp?mallid=met
http://www.metrotown.info/canada-burnaby/
http://www.greatervancouverhotels.co.../metrotown.htm

I’m sure we can spend a morning here shopping
and we’ll have a bite of lunch before we leave – or you COULD wait until we get to our next stop
It won’t take long once we’re on the Skytrain again

Island. Sufficiently fed? Today I thought we’d go to Mount Washington to start. There may or may not be skiing for those who are interested. It’s not been a good winter for the skiers
It’s been fine for the rest of us

One thing we can do, though, is go for a walk in the Alpine Meadows...

\t\t

\t\t

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I don't know where everybody has got to, but it's probably time for some lunch, don't you think?

Vancouver Group ready to head back into town? OK. Let’s get back on the Skytrain...

http://www.translink.bc.ca/Transport...ices/SkyTrain/

and go back downtown, stopping in Gastown. We can eat at The Old Spaghetti Factory...

http://www.oldspaghettifactory.ca/

Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce
Delightful favorite.

Spaghetti with Rich Meat Sauce
Our authentic recipe comes direct from Naples.

Spaghetti with Spicy Meat Sauce
Our great meat sauce with an extra zing.

Spaghetti with Clam Sauce
Plump butter clams in a bechamel sauce.

Spaghetti with Mushroom Sauce
Fresh mushrooms in a rich Italian tomato sauce.

Spaghetti with Browned Butter & Mizithra Cheese
A treat for cheese lovers.

The Manager's Favorite
Your choice of any two of the above sauces.

Pot Pourri Spaghetti
With a portion of Mushrooms, Meat & Clam sauce.

Veal a la Parmigiana
A large portion of tender veal served with spaghetti & tomato sauce.

Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo
Shrimp, scallops and mushrooms with spinach and egg noodles in a creamy Alfredo sauce.

Veggie Lasagna
Fresh spinich lasagna noodles with four cheeses, lots of veggies and a zesty Tomato sauce.

Penne with Chicken
Basil cream sauce with chicken, mushrooms, peppers & tomatoes.

Tortellini Pomodoro
Mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes in a tomato basil sauce.

Lasagna
Mama Pulosi's secret homemade recipe.

Seafood Linguine Marinara
Fresh linguini noodles with sautÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]ed scallops, baby shrimp and mushrooms in a tomato garlic sauce.

Breast of Chicken
A seasoned breast of chicken, with spaghetti & tomato sauce.

New York Steak
A choice 8 oz steak, served with spaghetti & tomato sauce.
\t\t\t
anyone for a drink while we wait for our food?

Island travellers -- After our walk around the Alpine Meadows, we’ll find our way back down the mountain and into Courtenay. There are several good restaurants there. We’re rather partial to the Atlas CafÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]...

“Fresh global cuisine featuring Mexican, Italian, Indian, Mediterranean and Japanese. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner with a healthy west coast influence in a warm & funky environment. Weekend brunch til 2pm. Takeout available. Kid's menu too!”

http://chefmoz.org/Canada/BC/Courten...027262420.html

We’ll get a bite of lunch here

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmmmmm, lasagna!

Sorry it took so long to get here. When I woke up, Jasper was sound asleep surrounded by bottles of catnip juice. Looks like he was in on that drinking binge last night.

Oh, before we take the catbus out, we need to clean it out. There's a couple of Aussies, a Kiwi, a Canuck, and some Yanks passed out cold. And there's a lot of empty Tequila bottles laying around.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Doesn't surprise me one bit!
There should have been TWO Canucks on that bus -- gee, I was POd to discover I'd missed that, but c'est la vie!

How's Jasper feeling today?

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say I'm really sorry I haven't been really into the vacation. I'll try to join more this weekend.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, Jenny! Good to see you. Don't worry about not being able to be around too much. I know how it is!!

[Ordinarily I can manage a quick look before work, a little play time at lunch time, and maybe a quick check on breaks, and then do my real TCS stuff in the evening. Doesn't mesh very well with the times when the daytime stuff is happening on the vacation. Good thing I had some time coming to me, or I would have been REALLY hooped for hosting -- just not possible. ]

So, stick your head in when you can -- we're glad to see you!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, Fran! Jasper is outside getting a breath of fresh air. (Really. The sun is shining and he let me know about it!)

Ah, Sam. Here we thought you were such a good little girl and wouldn't partake of the spirits until you were of age.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Hi, Fran! Jasper is outside getting a breath of fresh air. (Really. The sun is shining and he let me know about it!)
Ah, yes! They do, don't they? Glad he's not feeling any the worse for wear after his indulgences of last night!

Ah, Sam. Here we thought you were such a good little girl and wouldn't partake of the spirits until you were of age.
Ah, but best she learn to hold it among friends.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunny days have been quite rare around here and he wants to take advantage of every one!

So, who's cleaning out the catbus? Sam? Or are we waiting until the other sots have come out of their stupor?

Status
Not open for further replies.